Proflex 857

JustKev

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Heres some pictures of my first frame up retro build after Sundays maiden voyage!

Basic spec is 857 alloy frame with carbon swingarm (size large), Pace RC-35s, Azonic stem, Answer bars, Control Tech post, USE saddle, XTR M900 drivechain with Gripshift (soon to be XT STi though) and XT hubs on nice strong Mavic D521 rims.

Its pretty light at just under 28lbs which I don't think too bad considering I paid no attention to weight in the relatively 'budget' build - about £300 all in.

Thanks to all the members who helped with parts but especially Orange71 and SLIM who put up with my stupid questions!!!

Attachments

• 857 1 (Medium).JPG
    857 1 (Medium).JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,766
  • 857 2 (Medium).JPG
    857 2 (Medium).JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,766
Beautiful but missing the Girvin forks :( . I had one the same but in Spain it was sold Red instead of Blue.

Enjoy it!!!

i`m thinking they go rather well together , nice bit of carbon either end , mmmmmmm :cool:

Yeah, I definitely like the look of that and think the forks look great - what does it ride like?

I was always a bit jealous of the kid at school who had an 857 (even though I reckon it was his dad's!)

Not used to seeing the headtube of Pro-Flexes but the Pace look good on it!

Thanks for all your comments guys - I agree that Girvin forks look great but I wanted something a little different and I really liked the carbon front/rear idea and so decided not to use my Vector 2's. I'll post some more pictures when the rebuild is finished - maybe with carbon bars and seatpost too if I get some cheap enough!

Can't comment too much on the ride yet - Sunday was just a short steady 5 mile loop to check the general set up, but long enough for me to decide to ditch the gripshift on this bike. (Still think they're cool though)

Back