Bravado LE Team Scream Paint job resto. Latest pics...

ringo

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
All

MarcTwotone kindly Karma'd me this frame and fork in June. I'm now thinking about the best way to tackle a restoration. Two thoughts, should I go for a "sympathetic" restoration ie: touching in as best as possible along with application of the finest wet and dry I can find... Or should I strip the majority (excepting the fiddly splatter job bits) and try to match the new paint as well as possible.

Third option would be to find someone to respray it for me, again any ideas?

I have stripped off the decals - see pics below...

As far as a rebuild is concerned, I think I'd like it as original as possible. Think it would really suit some Ti Sl's...

Any comments gratefully received.

P1000125.jpg

P1000131.jpg

P1000132.jpg

P1000137.jpg

P1000133.jpg
[/img]

Looking at those pictures, I really must get around to organising the mancave properly...

All i would do is to put some new decals on. I can't really see areas on this frame that really would bother me. And of course there is also the possibility to attach a few fancy ano screws to distract the view from one or the other paint chip.

I was interested in this of Marc but couldn't collect as to far. look forward to your build ;) ;)

I reckon that you'll struggle to find a professional paint sprayer with either the skills or the inclination to re-create the splatter part of that paint job without spending an extortionate amount of money.

Back in the day, and after about 18 months of ownership, I had my 1992 Bravado converted from a U-brake to cantis and resprayed. I did ask for a recreation of the 1993 Team Scream paint-job, but after several attempts over several weeks, the frame sprayers said it was impossible without the original stencils.

The compromise was a simple straight split and a slightly lighter shade of blue to recognise my Swedish roots.
Along with the decal kit it turned out like this:

92Bravado02.jpg

So with yours then, I'd find a good colour match and patch up the paintwork to a good standard. Get some repro decals made up and then get the whole thing clear laquered.

It will turn into a really great bike.

...and Mag21's would be absolutely perfect.

Thanks for the initial feedback guys...
The compromise was a simple straight split and a slightly lighter shade of blue to recognise my Swedish roots.
Along with the decal kit it turned out like this:

So with yours then, I'd find a good colour match and patch up the paintwork to a good standard. Get some repro decals made up and then get the whole thing clear laquered.

Like what you did with yours a lot, drystone... Still deciding which way to jump, the splatter bits on mine are in good nick so I might be able to achieve a respray...

I'll keep everyone posted.

Lovely paintscheme is teamscream. Hope to find myself a 20"Psyclone/Bravado sometimes.

Hope you make something nice of it. Would rather stay wit some touch-up and new decals then completely repaint is. The straight lines between colours doesnt do the screamtheme right me thinks.

Cheers,
Martin

team scream

ha ha! looks better with just having the decals removed!

imho....new decals and touch paint up here and there.

those forks were pretty lightweight too 1400-1500g comes to memory.

enjoy fella.

Back