1988 Saracen Trekker - Project - UU Racer

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
:: Edit March 2011::

Pics of UU Racer built on P3 :)

Here is my next something to get my teeth into, This will be an as and when sort of project for me.

I have been donated another sick Saracen to the bike home which is in for lashings treatment :LOL:

First if all is thanks to Makster for donating me the frame for Karma :cool:

Its a 1988 Saracen Trekker that would have been a lovley bike bitd, It would have had a full deore MT60 18sp setup sporting the unusual double u brake setup, The 88 has an under chainstay mounted rear U brake.

My intensions are to have the frame Powdercoated in a strinking colour way and to have some funky graphics applied. I will keep double u brakes but the rest is pretty much open canvas at the moment, I want to keep a retro look and feel but have something a little fun added into the mix somewhere ................

Talking of fun, what I would like is for it be raced at Mayham next year and have a plan that I would like to propose, I would like this to be " the local bike" at the event where anyone (retrobike) can have a ride :LOL:. I would like to have as many people ride a lap on it from all our retro teams and create something for a charity possibly, this is something I have been pondering upon and will welcome any thoughts that could make MM11 even more fun and laughs than it already is :LOL: :LOL:

I would like a name for the bike that could be chosen in some controlled fashon and a set date of which I would nominate Makster to choose. I would look to have the chosen name made up in the funky graphic style for the decals.

So, watch this space and please dont be shy to comment or share any ideas as I am all ears.

Here is the start of the project....... (quite fitting with the missing letters :LOL:)

88Trekker002.jpg

88Trekker003.jpg

88Trekker004.jpg

88Trekker005.jpg

88Trekker008.jpg

88Trekker009.jpg

88Trekker010.jpg

Bikes going to be a nice project, but what made me smile, nay chuckle, was your reflection in the window. :cool:

Nick C":1i9i328k said:
Bikes going to be a nice project, but what made me smile, nay chuckle, was your reflection in the window. :cool:

Top marks to you sir ;), Last time I took a picture with a window in it someone remarked on the reflection, so this time I waved :LOL:

i will be keeping an eye on this project. another add to your fleet of fine machines

kirbdug :D

Great stuff GM. I can see this one has plenty of potential. :cool:

If it's a 1 inch steerer then I have a pre 1990 Saracen stem with a roller for the front brake that I'll happily donate.

Back