Look MI80 . First ride out page 6

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
Wanted one of these for a little while now.. missed out on one a while ago, but as always patience is a great virtue.. :)

Looking forward to this one.. :)

IMGP1354-1.jpg

IMGP1352-1.jpg

IMGP1356-1.jpg

IMGP1358.jpg

IMGP1357.jpg

IMGP1347.jpg

Needs a good clean and tidy up , but overall very pleased with the condition :)

I'm a little undecided what parts to hang on her yet, so suggestions to sway me are always welcome.. :)

And any info is always appreciated ..:) I think its a 92 but nor 100% so if someone could confirm that would be great.. :)

:)

Looks uber-cool IMO. And congrats on more Ritchey hoarding :LOL:

I remember these from BITD and had completely forgotten completely about them. :cool:

Just out of interest, what's that additional tube for, that comes out the top-tube, halfway along, and delves down thru the tabletop :? :? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Cheers Steve.. that tube.. :shock: :roll: thought you'd know that was the kickstand chap.. :roll: :roll:

I really like Looks- as you know Si my dad has the brown Mi60 that was doing the rounds here. I could find hardly anything on the net about Look MTBs.

Can't wait to see this built up Si- believe it would have come with Shimano the Mi90 with Campag.

Cheers chap.. yea I love the one your dad has very cool.. :) and like I say when your ready ;)

Was it M732 XT chap doya know.. ?

OK here you go Si- I bought it for myself but it was too small, built up instead as a commuter for the old man- he loves it. Built entirely from my spares box apart from the brakes (bargain from Merlin) and NOS Avocet Cross tyres (bargain from Ebay)

There is a gorgeous M900 build of this very frame somewhere on the site, here it is looking all workhorsey (27.1lbs as pictured!)

IMG_1223.jpg
[/url]

I think your look is older than 92. Look was very known for their road carbon fiber frames in the end of 80ies. But they start to built MTB in 89-90, but with steel and geometry near road (no sloping !). In 91-92, they work with Philippe Perakis and they built their first carbon fiber mtb frame. Yo Eddy owned one… ;) .
I would say 90 or 91… with still the "mondrian" decals !

Mavic groupo on it !

Very cool. Like the La Vi Claire(sp): Iconoclastic.

Where was it really made though?

French heritage though: dare I suggest a full Mavic build.

Just a suggestion. Absolutly no idae what this would have been specced with. I like the idea of building with whatever suits the build rather than what is neccesarily 'right'.

Back