1992 S-Works Carbon

Void(EN12-82)

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi everyone,

Was a bit bored last sunday with all the rain coming down and I was stripping a few of my other bikes and thought "Well, let's build up a new one too while I'm at it" ;-) So I now built my S-Works Carbon with the disc drive and Grafton/XC Pro parts I took off my KLEIN Rascal (that's for sale unfortunately but I might change my mind again).

So here goes:
IMG_0542.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0551.JPG

IMG_0555.JPG

I have ridden this bike a few times since I got it from Archangel and it's a dream to ride... but it had all XT parts. I don't think I'll ride the bike now, because of the disc drive and Grafton brakes. 1: I don't wanna break the disc drive, 2: Those Grafton brakes are a pain in the *ss to get right. Strangely enough them Graftons worked like a charm (just as well as XT brakes) when on my Rascal, but somehow they feel a lot more squishy on this bike.

I was thinking about putting in one of those FSX forks I have around, but I think this one is a bit more period correct (since that FSX is from 1994, not the Judy one). So here it is, my first garage queen :twisted:

Void

Nice one Void, have a weak spot for these clean builds. And why not try to put in the FSX. Think that would look very nice.

And otherwise, put on all the parts of the Attitude and just se..... Ah, no. I already know the answer.

Cheers and have fund on the S-works.

Martin

Thanx guys...

I actually think I will ride it sometime, but like I said: I don't trust the Disc Wheel. So that'll end in a crash I guess :oops:

BTW: Is a Disc Wheel supposed to be moveable sideways?? I had the disc tensioned By a wheel builder, but if I move my rear wheel sideways I can move it by I think 0.5 to 1cm sideways (so the rim touches the brakes).

But for now I'll Queen it hehe, having way to much fun on my Attitude and have this Xizang on its way :cool:

that looks fantastic. in my mind a conventional rear wheel would improve it. if that also makes it a rider then do it. you can always put the disc in for displays and special days.

having had a queen myself it is really frustrating i find.

Back