1991 Brodie Catalyst

Brodie1992

Dirt Disciple
A picture of my 1991 Brodie Catalyst, unfortunately not all original parts, as I've worn out many over the years. I've had this from new, originally in Canada, but now in the UK.

Some retro kit on the bike includes: Cunningham Roller-Cam brake with Brodie Brake Booster, Topline Crankset, Tange Switchblades, Control Tech front Canti, Ritchey WCS Vantage Pro Wheelset, Syncros Seatpost and Cattleprod Stem, Brodie 139 gram bars and 'Love Handles', XTR rear derailleur with Bullseye pulleys.

I'm looking for Brodie Gatorblade forks, as I foolishly parted with these early on to 'upgrade' to Rock Shox Mag21's, which later got stolen.... The original Gatorblades matched the green of the headtube on the frameset, which is still original 'Art Department' paint.

Happy to post more pictures if anyone is interested. Are there any other Brodie riders here in the UK... they seem scarce in these parts!

Attachments

• Brodie1991Catalyst.gif
    Brodie1991Catalyst.gif
    173.1 KB · Views: 3,307
Lovely bike. Brodies are among my favorite bikes. Shame you got rid of the forks some light years ago. Well, we all went through similar stuff ...and if we now think back to it :roll:

More pics

Here are some more pics, of the brakes, crank/chainset, forks etc. Thanks for the comments, some day I will find that elusive gatorblade, but as the frameset is Tange Prestige, the Tange Switchblades will do for now. It took me a long time to find those in a 1" headtube, but someone in the Netherlands was selling some old-stock on ebay a couple of years ago and had 10 of them. The brakes on these are fantastic... I love the roller-cam, and the Control Tech canti on the front has to be one of the simplest designs, with great stopping power.

Attachments

• ControlTechCanti.jpg
    ControlTechCanti.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 3,238
  • RollerCam1.JPG
    RollerCam1.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 3,238
more pics

Sorry I'm new to posting here and haven't perfected the pics, here are a few more... I built most of this bike in the early 1990's, and tried to keep it largely 'Canadian' with Brodie/Syncros wherever possible. I started with some XT topmounts/thumbshifters and a full XT group, but broke a shifter in a crash and switched to the then-new Gripshift 800's.

Attachments

• StemHeadtube.JPG
    StemHeadtube.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 3,233
  • ToplineCrankset.JPG
    ToplineCrankset.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 3,233
  • RollerCam2.JPG
    RollerCam2.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 3,233
It is a very elegant and attractive bike. Beautifull!

That Dutch guy you bought the Switchblades of a couple years ago, that could very well have been forummember yo-eddy. He bought a job lot of them from an A'dam shop.

Elev12k":dtem83t5 said:
It is a very elegant and attractive bike. Beautifull!

That Dutch guy you bought the Switchblades of a couple years ago, that could very well have been forummember yo-eddy. He bought a job lot of them from an A'dam shop.

That must have been him, I remember the listing saying that he had bought 10 or so that were sitting in the back of a shop.

Latest posts

Back