Kirk Revolution

Magic Man

Retro Newbie
Hi all, first post...

Looking for some advice. My son wants to get a bike and for us to cycle along a new cycle track near us. Dads old bike is kn the garage where's it's been for 15 years... Except that bike is a Dawes/Kirk Revolution I bought back in 1993.

Looking at a quick google search I never really knew it had such a history and following.

My first question is, is it still safe to ride? No fatigue or cracks as far as I can see, only ever rode it a dozen times so it's fairly mint.

Second question, if I decided to sell it to fund a new bike, what sort of price would I be looking at?

Cheers![/code][/quote]

Those frame were heavy weight. Rock solid. As you given it the once over then go ride it. Pictures please.
Cant help on buying new.

Keep it as you will not find something that eyecatching in modern,The frames were very good but occasionaly did break but only with very heavy use.They ride nice and look great I would not sell it :cool:

Thanks for the replies.

As said, I never realised it was as unusual and rare as it was until I did a Google search for it a little while back. I bought it on a whim from Halfords in Cardiff back in 1993. I was single, had some spare money and saw it there on an elevated platform and thought... "Wow".

Was there the next day picking it up. A few weeks later there was a small off road/mtb race going on nearby and I rode over to it just to have a look. I remember a few of the guys there sitting back in their saddles and looking as I rode past :D

A few weeks after that I met my future wife, started going out with her etc. and, basically, didn't ride it again much afterwards. It's been in the garage ever since. Bit dusty but dry and safe - will give it a clean up tomorrow and should be good to get back on it and have a ride with my son - maybe catch a few looks again from the youngsters riding full suspension bikes with disc brakes etc. :D

Thanks again, much appreciated. Put my mind at ease - just had visions of it collapsing under me...

Back