Litespeed Obed FS. Rebuild help

Atomic Hooligan

Retro Newbie
Hi Guys, I am in the process of rebuilding my Litespeed Obed FS. I'd like to make the switch to disc brakes from the old Magura HS33 Racelines I am running. Does anyone know if there is an adaptor that will bolt to the 22mm direct mount holes on the rear dropout what will give IS mounts. I've seen the A2Z adaptors however they work for 22mm parallel holes that face vertically not horziontally and i'd rather not head down the path of items like brake therapy's disc brake conversion kit. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Aaron

Attachments

• IMG_9764.jpg
    IMG_9764.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 3,141
  • IMG_9763.jpg
    IMG_9763.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 3,141
  • IMG_9749.jpg
    IMG_9749.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 3,141
Obviously those holes are for a mount that was amp intended for disk caliper. Amp research still sells spares and are located in California. Email them to see if they still have it or has a tech sheet to have one made. Otherwise one could be welded on by the right welder. I have a weld jig for the mounts and do 2 or 3 a year.

You could make your own template by tracing the hole pattern off a fork.

Also Ebay(US) has adapters that bolt to your canti bosses.
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Bike-Rear-Disc- ... ccessories

Good Luck,
Terry

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Owen":1wyakido said:
Are they all Aluminium bolts or coloured Ti? :shock:

Nice frame BTW! :cool:

I had the same thought when I saw the bolts! :shock: Hopefully they're Ti, but I don't think the Ti ano is that vibrant.

Definitely a nice frame!

Thanks for the help. I have emailed amp and am awaiting reply and the thread you referred me to is most helpful, will see if anyone has the drawings for the adaptor, already have a local frame builder/repairer sorted. As for the bolts, yup alu unfortunately. Ti bolts aren't as vibrant and couldn't get a finish that gave the look I was after. Thanks heaps again for the help guys

Back