Sorry to disappoint you all, but those are the best pics i've got. I'm further ahead with this now, so its too late to get any.
The existing weld was removed and new weld added to tidy things up a bit. I tried to keep this to a minimum to avoid heat degredation of the tubing: any damage in this way had allready been done before it came into my hands.
The tubes also had a fair bit of internal corrosion, so I ended up 'holing' some areas which then needed patched. The frame has been submerged in a de-rust bath for a few days to treat inside of the tubes.
The repair ended up looking better, but still not great, it was too far gone to end up with a nice bead of weld without replacing the tubes themselves: In the end I used some metal filler to get the joint looking semi-good.
Ended up filling in the toptube flare and smoothing it out to meet the seat-stays. Looks kind of ok in the end I hope.