LGF Goes Dyna-Tech! 1992 Raleigh Voyager - Winter clothes

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Big thanks to Martin for the frame set which got here quicker from Holland than a set of wheels form Bolton.

Anyway, I love bonded bikes, I love the visible engineering of them. They stand out from the usual steel and aluminium welded frames. OK so they're not the best way of assembling a frame....

Frame: 1992 19" Raleigh Special Products Voyager

Forks: Spinner Cromo

Headset: Mavic 316

BB: UN52

Chainset: DX

Mechs: DX/LX

Shifters: XT/XT mix

Brakes: DX canti

Wheels: Rigida/ Exage

Tyres: Wolber

Seat/ post: Kalloy cromo 27.2mm, Avocet

There are some jobs still to do like tidy the paint and give it a good thrashing....

And heres what it should look like:

dynatech_voyager_191.jpg

Attachments

• Raleigh Dyna-Tech Voyager.jpg
    Raleigh Dyna-Tech Voyager.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 3,854
  • Proper engineering.jpg
    Proper engineering.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 3,855
  • Glue!.jpg
    Glue!.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 3,854
Wow, nice to see that the Raleigh will be ridden again.

Nice job you already did now :D

Cheers,
Martin

No problem, it's the first time i've seen one of those frames in the metal so to speak and as I used to run Campag Olympus mechs on my Rockhopper Comp (yes I know it's a bit wrong but it was a total custom frankenbike) they always stood out BITD. Olympus mechs were brilliant BTW, so well built and finished, worked perfectly with XT thumbies and sprockets just a little bit heavy.

Carl.

No problem, it's the first time i've seen one of those frames in the metal so to speak and as I used to run Campag Olympus mechs on my Rockhopper Comp (yes I know it's a bit wrong but it was a total custom frankenbike) they always stood out BITD. Olympus mechs were brilliant BTW, so well built and finished, worked perfectly with XT thumbies and sprockets just a little bit heavy.

Carl.

Back