91 Orange Aluminium 'O' frame#20

boy"O"boy

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all, :D

Over the last couple of months, there's been an increasing number of Aluminium 'O' s appearing in the reader's rides. Seeing some great examples from mtricks, shiftysteve, jonnyboy666, and GT-steve's project... I thought it was time I got my finger out and got mine finished.

If it looks like you've seen this before, you have sort of have- My orange and white fade appeared on these pages as a 19" frame. I never really got on with this size frame ( jonnyboy know's the issues I had with this!).... so it taken apart and the frame sold on here to flibble. I already had another 17" frame that I'd bought from Cyclerelic and had planned to turn into a single speed/disc project, but a post from Anthony on Orange frame numbers revealed I had something a bit 'special'. The Frame number is A91020020... this makes it frame# 20 from the 1st batch of Aluminium 'O'.... and a worth candidate for a boy"O"boy resto. Full 732/735XT throughout, MA40's (thanks GT-steve!!) and a 'Stalk'

Fast forward to 31st July.... I'd been waiting for an opportunity to take some decent photos and had been preping my 1x9 ride for next week's 'Sleepless in the saddle' event. My mate suggested we do a 'pre - event' night ride to check everything was working (followed by the obligatory pub stop) Chainring issues meant I had to use something else..... a prime chance to get the new retro steed dirty.
I can report that it handles x100 better that it's previous incarnation ( 150mm stem may of had something to do with it!) and had a really enjoyable ride...made all the better by a couple of pints of 'goose'!!

Enjoy....better pics to follow soon.

Attachments

• 101_0530 (700x525).jpg
    101_0530 (700x525).jpg
    112 KB · Views: 1,635
  • 101_0529 (700x525).jpg
    101_0529 (700x525).jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 1,636
  • 101_0528 (700x525).jpg
    101_0528 (700x525).jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,635
  • alo-w1 (700x525).jpg
    alo-w1 (700x525).jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 1,635
More pics from last night's maiden voyage....

Attachments

• 101_0536 (800x600).jpg
    101_0536 (800x600).jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,630
  • 101_0534 (800x600).jpg
    101_0534 (800x600).jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 1,630
  • 101_0533 (800x600).jpg
    101_0533 (800x600).jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,630
Awesome bike! Always thought the 'power stays' looked ace. Very jealous :) Unlikely I will ever have the money or space for one of these ! (in addition to modern ride).

<Pedant mode on>
Isn't it CamulodunUM ?
<Pedant mode off>

<Silliness mode on>
As the home of Boudica shouldn't you have spikes on your wheels ? (like chariots in Gladiator film etc).
Or perhaps some rubber spikes on the seatpost or downtube ??
(e.g. http://www.cactus-products.com/images-765-0.html)
<Silliness mode off>

raymondluxuryyacht":248j6gg6 said:
Awesome bike! Always thought the 'power stays' looked ace. Very jealous :) Unlikely I will ever have the money or space for one of these ! (in addition to modern ride).

<Pedant mode on>
Isn't it CamulodunUM ?
<Pedant mode off>

<Silliness mode on>
As the home of Boudica shouldn't you have spikes on your wheels ? (like chariots in Gladiator film etc).
Or perhaps some rubber spikes on the seatpost or downtube ??
(e.g. http://www.cactus-products.com/images-765-0.html)
<Silliness mode off>

eeermmmm. Yes. Can't even spell were I live now! :oops: :oops: .... typing error duly corrected! Back on the 'Goose' methinks. Boudica special...now there's an idea for the next 'O'!!

brocklanders023":3ou9qtcs said:
Lovely lovely mate :shock: :cool: Is that the original paint or have you had it re-done?

Cheers brock.... yes, it's a repaint done in the paint shop at work. Just after it was finished, Gary showed me a Kawasaki orange that would have been the schnutts. Had toyed with the idea of a 'Magenta' fade, then Focus ST orange but that was a 3 part process to get the Flip... I think it came out pretty good vs the original. The graphics are Vinyl cut, this time clear coated in for durability.

Nevadasmith - Pace is the law on an orange! (or so I've been told)
Glad you like it - Like the 'stealth black' this is a rider! :cool:

Cheers,
boy" :D "boy

boy"O"boy":3czaco53 said:
brocklanders023":3czaco53 said:
Lovely lovely mate :shock: :cool: Is that the original paint or have you had it re-done?

Cheers brock.... yes, it's a repaint done in the paint shop at work. Just after it was finished, Gary showed me a Kawasaki orange that would have been the schnutts. Had toyed with the idea of a 'Magenta' fade, then Focus ST orange but that was a 3 part process to get the Flip... I think it came out pretty good vs the original. The graphics are Vinyl cut, this time clear coated in for durability.

Cheers,
boy" :D "boy

Very tidy job on the respray :cool: I'm after an orange/white something and had wanted an original but might have to get one sprayed up after seeing yours. ;)

Back