phx_02.jpg

so far collected:
WTB Grease Guard hubs and BB
WTB SST.98 saddle
Race Face Turbine LP cranks
SRAM 9.0 SL carbon rear derailleur
SRAM 9.0 front V-brake
SRAM 9.0 carbon grip shifters
Marzochhi Z2 X-Fly fork (at Marz getting rebuilt/reduced to 60mm/new 1" steerer installed)
Thomson Elite post and stem
Easton CT2 Monkey Lite bar
Avid Ultimate levers
M900 12-32 cassette
PD-M747 pedals

still on the hunt for a front derailleur (...M7xx or M9xx...) some WTB Laser Beam rims, WTB Velociraptor tires, WTB trail grips and some no logo Salsa skewers. A 31.8 x 410mm seatpost would be peachy as well...

thats some pretty awesome trails you have there bud. the bike's not too shabby either :D

thought you weren't allowed to ride Mt Tam anymore?

wow...look at that landscape; awesome.

the phoenix is really cool as well :cool:

I'm collecting a build for my Phoenix as well; might have a couple extra parts lying around; almost complete, then just to assemble, and hope everything comes together right.

What type of post are you looking for, besides it being a 31.8?
Look forward to more pics of your build.

Also, if that's an early phoenix, why made you choose a more modern kit?

Nice to see you've broadened your stable! Could be a good ride for OWMTBC 2011, especially the 'Five Lakes' ride we're planning...

Mr K

GoldenEraMTB":9t17lmhg said:
Anything long and hard and ... err a Thomson would be fine, might get lucky and find an old WTB model with XC Pro head locally (or try and get CC to make a new one)

GoldenEraMTB":9t17lmhg said:
Had most of the bits in the garage...will be fine for now and I can collect some M900 and a T2 fork over the winter if I decide to be an uber dork ;-)

Hi Tam,

Nice pragmatic build. Ready for being ridden - what it is meant for and what they are so incredibly good at. Good luck with the project. I hope you will manage it to acquire as much as possible parts for a more authentic input. That you are near were its roots are, its county of origin :cool: sure helps I would think.

Elev12k":kajpysq4 said:
Hi Tam,

Nice pragmatic build. Ready for being ridden - what it is meant for and what they are so incredibly good at. Good luck with the project. I hope you will manage it to acquire as much as possible parts for a more authentic input. That you are near were its roots are, its county of origin :cool: sure helps I would think.

Thanks 12K - nowhere as fine as your "Atlantique" I intend to maintain the current patina as long as possible which lends itself to using scuffed bits - also lends itself to less $$ outlay ;-).

PS just found a 31.8x410MM tommy post on ebay happy happy! No more climbing with post 1" above "max" line!

The post in my WTB is 500mm. I would absolutely make sure you use a sufficient length post for your frame. It would be pity to ruin such a nice frame, because too short post. Plus it isn't really thick wall tubing of course. If 410 does the job for you, fine. Personally I would be happy with at least 15cm inside, also with eye on the lenght that sits outside.

tam_shadow":varv5ijw said:
GoldenEraMTB":varv5ijw said:
Anything long and hard and ... err a Thomson would be fine, might get lucky and find an old WTB model with XC Pro head locally (or try and get CC to make a new one)

GoldenEraMTB":varv5ijw said:
Had most of the bits in the garage...will be fine for now and I can collect some M900 and a T2 fork over the winter if I decide to be an uber dork ;-)

:LOL: I have an extra (should I say additional), long hard Thomson, but I see you saw the one on ebay for a very reasonable BIN price...cool.

Tthat makes sense to build with what you've got; M900 kit would be dorky bliss on that frame though (love the color) :D

GoldenEraMTB":35urjhel said:
Tthat makes sense to build with what you've got; M900 kit would be dorky bliss on that frame though (love the color) :D

might have located a donor for a 93 "alternate" build kit...not M900 though - care to hazard a guess to the group? :D

Back