1991 Dyna Tech Odyessey - Updated...

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
Thought some of you Dyna fans might like to have a look at my latest build.

Had this for a little while now, tucked away in the workshop , but due to health problems not had chance to get it finished up until the other day..

I remember BITD when we had a raleigh (dare I say that word nowdays on here :LOL: :LOL: ) shop in town, I use to drool over this and the top of the range Endeavour, could never afford them but sooo wanted one.. anyway the oppotunity presented itself and I could not resist.. :)

The frame is Raleighs take on reynolds 653 with a 531 fork, so rides super sweet..

I was going to build her up totally period , but as I have other plans afoot for the XT stuff tucked away in boxes I decided to build this up with a mix of functional/usable to hand equipment, for the main drive I decided on LX components more for colour than anything else, sachs rare grey (never seen another set ) gripshift 8 speed shifters, which I prefer over everything bar thumbies , dia compe 988 brakes and XC comp drilled out levers to give it that sporty light weight look, I think I acheived what I was looking for , and really hope you like it.. :) as always comments are always welcome..

So thats another one done :) :) :) , time for me to start another build me thinks.. :)

A big thanks for all those who helped in supplying parts and assitance in getting this completed.. really appreciated..

Without further ado ... pics.. :)

IMGP0465.jpg

IMGP0454.jpg

Looks good Si. It's got that '5 year old bike and time for some upgrades' look about it.
I've only ever seen pictures of those grey Sachs Wavey shifters. I have a set of standard black ones on my Marin and I find they work so much better than the equivalent Gripshifts from the same period.

The saddle looks like a bit of a sofa though.

Good to hear from you anyway. :)

:) Thanks paul.. good to be back amongst the thick of it.. :) ;)

The seat was chosen for colour co-ordination more than anything else,, but yea its not my normal minimalistic approach,, but its nice to use different stuff.. :) apparently they are very very comfy, and the weight is not bad for such a large 'cushion' :) :LOL:

The shifters are really nice, I now use gripshifts on nearly all my bikes,, lighter, better looking and less moving parts.. not to everyone's taste but I think a lot of people dont give them long enough, I use to hate them, but the more you use them the more you get use to them and personnally the only other shifters I would use now are thumbies.. :)

The wavy's are a lot more positive than some of the other twistgrips,, and like you I have only seen the black ones before, there are good ones and bad ones , the sach made ritchey shifters for example , which I paid a fortune for, are no where near as good as these I must admit..

Right time to go and see who's been building what :)

Take it easy dude.. :)

Welcome back Si.

Looks rather nice. :) I'm using the same LX group at the moment on a build as I like the Black/silver look, although not using grip shifters as i'm one of those who just does not get on with them.

Look forward to your next build. ;)

:) thanks fella, I'd have to agree and say it looks better, surprising how much a few small changes changes the whole look of the bike.. :)

comment appreciated.. :)

Right then boys n girls,, a bit of an update,, decided to put the dyna through the house of sith special works division... :) :p

Weight originally was a shade over 25 lbs,, after the mods I've reduced the weight by another 2lbs.. ;) ,

and rather happy with the results.. :)

IMGP1506-1.jpg

IMGP1494-1.jpg

IMGP1485-1.jpg

IMGP1487.jpg

IMGP1490.jpg

IMGP1499-1.jpg

IMGP1501.jpg

IMGP1498.jpg

IMGP1484.jpg

Back