Satin Black 91 Aluminium O

ShiftySteve

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Just got it back from powdercoat and i'm pretty pleased.

More to come obviously, but i thought i'd get a thread going.

Gotta love that headset!

So far its:

DX/XT drivetrain
Orange seatpost
NOS stalk stem
Ritchey bars
Porcipaw grips
NOS mavic headset (came in a lovely original brown cardboard box - mmm)
Flite XO saddle (not a Ti - but the logo will suit the finished bike better i reckon)
As new Mavic rims (rather embarassingly i've forgotten the type)on DX hubs with skinwall Kendas.

Attachments

• 91 O frame.jpg
    91 O frame.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 2,314
  • 91 0.jpg
    91 0.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 2,314
Coming along well and will watch this thread with interest. I think you may have given me an idea for my next build. ;) Really like dark rims on old Orange's so will have to look out for some for the Clockwork. :cool:

I'm a bit torn over what to do with the decals for it. I'm having a set made up at present in orange, but i'm wondering if shiny black would look good against the matt/satin powdercoat. the same as Cannondale use on their badboy.

Any comments welcome as i'm undecided.

Looks remarkably similar to a '91 Gary Fisher Supercaliber I had powdercoated in satin black a while ago.

It's a nice understated colour that makes the big alu tubes appear a bit smaller.

Looking forward to seeing yours finished.

ShiftySteve":2pnne11d said:
I'm a bit torn over what to do with the decals for it. I'm having a set made up at present in orange, but i'm wondering if shiny black would look good against the matt/satin powdercoat. the same as Cannondale use on their badboy.

Any comments welcome as i'm undecided.

I'd stick with the classic orange decals but that's because I always like mine to look as they did bitd. Oh, and boy"O"boy's black O is one of my favourite bikes on the site. ;)

Very rarely see any Orange bikes down here in Oz, but I remember seeing them in UK mags back in the day with the orange decals and thinking they were great -

Looking good, steve, :cool: :cool: :cool:

Love the satin black, really suits the bike IMO, and I'm liking the idea of gloss black decals - maybe just have the 'O' in orange?? ;)

Giving me a dilemma on mine now, as I was set on gloss black for the build, but now I've seen this...... ;) :cool: :? :? :?

BG":3iop5npn said:
Very rarely see any Orange bikes down here in Oz, but I remember seeing them in UK mags back in the day with the orange decals and thinking they were great -

I was down in WA earlier this year. The hotel we stayed at in Perth had a couple of knackered old moutainbikes which i took out pretty much every day. Its a bit flat round there i guess, but I had the time of my life. few roo steaks and cold beers in the backpack, ride to the beach and barbie up. will never forget it. I love Oz!

Back