My 1995 TET Kona Hot - update for 2018

mynchiboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
1995 teesdale kona hot with the ribbed ultrastrong down tube - painted by argos in baby blue. I know purists may not likey the newer bits but it's well light and scary fast on the road!

Thinking about sticking gears, thumbies and P2's back onto it...keep you posted!

Attachments

• joepix 003.jpg
    joepix 003.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 3,123
I was offered a baby blue Tom Teesdale Kona Hot by second level sport in about 95.

Lovely looking frame it was too - but there was something wrong with the dropouts :cry:

That would look lovely if you ditched the tensioner and replaced the elastic bands with tyres :x

Not taking that offroad and hammering it is a crying shame, such a waste ;)

Easy now messiah!

Like I said...gears will follow! The elastic bands are great for the road - sadly no dales where I'm at. It's the only way to ride it a lot without massive drag and no grip :(

If you are willing to donate either some red ritchey z-max or white porcs I will fit them just for you ;)

That looks b*stard fast :twisted:

Is it your Commuter? If so, what's your route thru the Capitol?

Have to go from my gaff in North London to my shop in Knightsbridge so ride through Islington them onto Hyde Park. It's relatively short but sweet and awash with lots of couriers and roadies who can't believe they are being thrashed by a mere MTB :cool:

Re:

Well...time's moved on a bit and I thought the Hot was for a bit of an update/ massive thread resurrection. It's the first time I've seen this thread myself for ages, it's funny how naive the build seems to me now. I vowed never to sell it but it's been cosseted and mostly left to one side as a result, mostly due to another stack of bikes coming, staying and going since, as well as the usual life stuff in general. This was the one that drew me into RB so a bit of a milestone really, or a financial curse depending on how you look at it :facepalm:

Anyway, fast forward and the rebuild is finally now in full flow. Wheels are now some rather nice PMP hubs on grey 217's and there's a X-Lite Ti bar now, courtesy of some gents on here. I've fitted some 7/8 speed XC Pro shifters that I've been hoarding. Tyres are strictly so I can move the thing around - I know the sort of rubber I need but finding them may be a challenge! Then I need to sort the chainrings, cables and add mechs, I could use M900 but fancy something a bit more boutique.

I'm still 50:50 on the pace forks (the last thing I swopped on the bike a couple of years back). I do have a nice Kelly unicrown fork that I could use as an alternative, possibly colour matched in silver. I think it would be a nice alternative to a P2 these days.

I promise to update this in less than 8 years this time. :LOL:

Attachments

• hot 3.jpg
    hot 3.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 1,153
  • hot 2.jpg
    hot 2.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 1,153
  • hot 1.jpg
    hot 1.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 1,154
Re: My 1995 TET Kona Hot - update for 2016

thats a nice Hot and the colour suits the bike perfectly.

Normally not a fan of repaints but this I like. Do you have pics. of the bike with its original paintwork ?

Back