89 Cinder Cone joins the family

ShiftySteve

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Just fetched it yesterday. Bit of a road trip down to Southampton, but worth it i'm sure.
Pretty much mint. It's only the chrome that has bubbled and rusted a little, but i'll soon sort that. No wear on the casette or chainrings at all.
The tyres are original, uncracked and still have the bobbly bits (insert better desciptive word as necessary) on them!

Mountain LX groupset with biopace and a big old U-brake. all kona finishing kit and tyres.

Very very happy. I can now change my signature!

I can't describe how long i've been searching for one of these. Now that i have this one to ride, i can start to do the refurb on my lavadome too.

Big shout out to the missus who drove me the best part of a 400 mile round trip to fetch it without even a hint of a whinge. Just cost me a costa panini and a good food magazine. she won't read this cos she thinks bikes are poo, but had to be said.

Attachments

• cindercone.jpg
    cindercone.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,462
  • cinder&lava.jpg
    cinder&lava.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,462
Good find :cool:, Looks pristine and has had an easy life, Its great that it has the original Maximum / reaction tyres, I remember these on my 1990 bitd.

Im glad its going to be a rider than a hider :cool:

You will need a 1990 to keep the others company now :LOL:

Like buses all arriving at once....

I have seen one or two over the past year or so but they have usually been too small, wrecks or even worse.......single speed converted.

I think mine is a 1990 cindercone i love riding it. I use it as a daily ride since I was given it a year ago. It is starting to look a bit tired now so will have a bit of restoring to do shortly.

Latest posts

Back