yep

fat chance and a mountain goat - great riding partners!

looks fantastic. how does it ride?

Thanks, everyone :D

lewis1641":ihricntk said:
fat chance and a mountain goat - great riding partners!

looks fantastic. how does it ride?

I have not had much saddle time on the Goat, since I prefer riding my Wicked; my friend gets to ride the Goat. I've done a couple short off road trails, and a bunch of city riding on the Goat, and it tracks well. It's not as forgiving to the body as the Wicked, but that might be due to the Suntour and Nitto alloy bar and stem, as opposed to the steel bar and stem on the wicked. The grips suck a bit, but mate well to the levers. As I put more time on the Goat, I'll go into more details on its riding characteristics, or at least as much as my limited expertise will allow.

clockworkgazz":ihricntk said:
wow great example love it and the saddle is perfect

Thanks, Gary. Yes, the saddle, along with the Interloc U-brake, were two parts that came along with this bike from the previous owner. Wish I could take credit for its source and match, but can't. I do love it, and the saddle is comfy off road and on, despite what I had heard about Brooks saddles and off-roading :)

I should've taken a photo with the matching Suntour XC shifters and derailleurs. I might throw them on their for photos again, but it's dialed right now- hate to mess with it.

Major22":2zpl71s6 said:
What a magnificent color on that MG ! Congratulations on your find :D :cool:

Thanks, the paint is great; even has a pearl in it, just didn't come out in the pictures.

Hi Rob, I rode that bike before you bought it. I found the ad on a local classified and went to see it. It was a bit small for me but perfect for you. I believe the guy told me he had a new head badge from First Flight put on. Looking good the way you have it set up!

Back