Cannondale F800 (1997)

r0880

Dirt Disciple
Continuing from my Saracen post in the pre 1997 section...

I got rid of the Saracen Eiger for an old Saracen Sahara in about the year 2000. I then sold this for a GT Timberline. THEN I quickly sold that and got myself my favourite bike EVER in 2001... Cannondale F800!!!

Again, I cant remember the exact year. But I just loved this bike so much, so light! The Headshok eventually got worse and worse and the lockout stopped working, due to me never getting it serviced. By this point I was getting into trials so bought myself ANOTHER Cannondale (which I will post under another topic) and kept both, one for trials and this F800 for general use...

I've looked in the 1997 and 1998 catalogues on www.vintagecannondale.com and can't find this exact model with the same P-Bone D forks?

Also, I've found a txt file on my computer where I saved the original serial number from the frame.

It begins with this...

B1-0302

This doesn't make any sense to what's on the Vintage Cannondale site.
Do the 1's look like I's on old Cannondales?

If so, BI still doesn't tie in with what's on this website as there's no year for the letter B on the 1993-1999 bit.

I think that era of cannondale has the frame number in two parts. You've got the 1st bit, the 2nd will be something like 98F8MD (this is from memory) which denotes year, f series, 800, size medium. If its not that, it will be obvious when you see your number. Your model may not be any catalogue as Cannondale were gits (from a dealer point of view) of releasing 'half year' models. These were sold as 1998.5 for example, which had component upgrades ;)

I've only got a txt file on my computer with the serial number as I don't own the bike anymore. I must have wrote it down incase the bike ever got stolen. Maybe I didn't write it down correctly.

I think I'm just gonna label this one up as 1997.

Back