93' Breezer Sky

keitht

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A local find on Ebay....used, but not abused...pretty much original..bar the tyres it came on.

breezer2010_0710_201054.jpg

breezer2010_0710_201120.jpg

Pictured this evening.

No rust..just caked in girt/cinder/dust...it seems to have spent most of its life travelling up the canal paths from Bath to BOA and back.

Transfers are a bit tatty, paint is chipped here and there...importantly no rust though...dry use only I suspect.

Deore LX all round..Araya CV-7 rims..Breezer stem, bars...I have replace the rather heavy seatpost and Avocet saddle with an XTR post and Flite Ti.

The Sky was a UK ( & Canada ) only budget model...well if this is how the budget Breezers ride..I may have to try a high-end one..

She has been stripped...new headset bearings, cables...NOS Ritchey Logic Pro BB..and a couple of amberwalls.....Smoke on rear..and no name Tioga at the front..

She rides lovely.....and despite some pressure from the Wife to sell some stuff..I may actually be able to keep her...If I am a good boy ( and sell something else )

breezer2010_0709_180042.jpg

breezer2010_0709_180046.jpg

breezer2010_0709_180100.jpg

Action shots...!!

Though must remind myself to check spokes on old rides, before subjecting them to a proper workout......was lucky not to suffer a collapsed wheel tonight ......

:?

So this is the one from Bath. Looks a beauty! TBH I had not seen Breezers till I looked at this site. Not seen a bad one yet!

I pondered going for it myself as I am in Bristol but the Mrs said 4 bikes was enough for now!

I saw this on ebay too, great colour. I have a 17" '91 Storm in red in a similar/well used condition.
Iwould agree they are a fantastic ride, I love it :cool:. It would be good to have a breezer outiing.

Hi Keith,

Look sweet as :cool:, Never seen a Sky before, This would be a perfect candidate for POTM, Blue Sky and all that ;)

Im just about to post some pics of mine from this weekend.

Cheers

GM

:LOL:

yep.might do that with a better pic..

Tempted to bring her down to the FOD next weekend if I can make it..

K

Interesting - looks like your brakes are the "opposite" way round - ie right lever rear, left lever front :?

I believe this is not unusual, in fact bought a roadie once with that orientation. ALL my other bikes since a kid have been right-front, left-back, so i just find it odd.

Nice Breezer thouugh - like the colour. Saw a blue one in town last week too. :cool:

I like my levers that way ;-)

And when the stop is positioned like that (my Marin is but most aren't ? :-?) it gives a nice cable route with no rub :cool:

WD :)

Like that a lot. A decent Breezer coming along is about the only thing that would make me want to swell the fleet.

Mr Panda":1ykd9pvj said:
Interesting - looks like your brakes are the "opposite" way round - ie right lever rear, left lever front :?

I believe this is not unusual, in fact bought a roadie once with that orientation. ALL my other bikes since a kid have been right-front, left-back, so i just find it odd.

Nice Breezer thouugh - like the colour. Saw a blue one in town last week too. :cool:

I run all my cable brakes this way....not sure why, as I have rode motorbikes for years..it goes against that instinct....weird eh !

Appreciate all the positve comments.....I am going to give her a slight part lightening exercise and a runout down the FOD on Sunday...

Back