Help neede for Clockwork Orange

andybike

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi there -Am back using my early 80's Clockwork Orange (in matt orange)Was used heavily then, then stored till last year.Need info on what to replace old Deore LX 7 spd with.Also Biopace rings and B/B.Are the parts still out there or will I need new stuff.Am in Linc's so no handy good bike shops.

hi there and welcome to the forum. got any pics of your orange?

best bet is scour ebay or stick up a wanted ad here on retrobike.

where abouts are you in lincolnshire? i'm up north in brigg and we try to have a regular retro ride up here. feel free to join us.

lincolnshire has its very own section of the site for rides and a bit of natter.

its here iof you want to join in

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=33

dave

Many thanks-will get some pic's on.Will start searching.
Need some miles in legs yet-bike is old-but legs are older. :LOL:

andybike":3k7za83e said:
Many thanks-will get some pic's on.Will start searching.
Need some miles in legs yet-bike is old-but legs are older. :LOL:

Join us when you are ready by all means but would be cool to have someone else out with us on an old bike. We always go at the slowest person's pace. Have regular re groups and natters, fag brakes and breathers along the way! There's usually only about a maximum of 6 of us on a normal ride.

Anyway, this isn't getting your bike fixed. I'm about to return my khs back to single speed. I have for sale a full xt set up. Front and rear mechs, sti shifters and cranks. They are from 93 so a little later than your bike. I.ve got the parts for sale individually but happy to do a bulk discount. Dave

Yes not sure of dates-age +memory but was bought when Orange just started when I lived in Bingley.

Will get back to you about the parts later very interested as will sort it out in one go.
hope you all have a good ride today

Hiya-yes bike came with deore 7 speed and brakes.also frame was a matt orange-looked a good idea at time but a pain to clean up.

Many Thanks -will be in the garage tonight and will have a look. :) am interested myself to date bike as am unsure due to time and memory.

Back