AMP Research B4

Gadro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Here's a nice little project for the Summer

AMP Research B4

Purchased the frame from a fellow member. It arrived and as with all my bikes I try to get them looking good as new again.

UPDATED 19/08/2010 This is how it currently stands and this thread shows how it go there

DSCF0970.jpg

This is how it arrived

DSCF0876.jpg

DSCF0877.jpg

The frame itself was in excellent condition but the lustre on the polished aluminium was a little tired and the decals were incomplete and a tad worse for wear. So out came the Autosol and the polishing commenced.

DSCF0892.jpg

DSCF0891.jpg

Our very own gil_m was able to produce a set of reproduction decals

DSCF0900.jpg

Starting to look a bit better

DSCF0901.jpg

Some mint Pace Evo Pro Class Limited from Mr Burgundy.

DSCF0902.jpg

Raceface Chainset. Trying to match the finish on the Forks. the chainrings will be changed to a mixture of Gold and Black

DSCF0903.jpg

At the present this is how the components are looking

Frame: AMP Research B4
Forks: PACE Evo Pro Class
Rear Suspension: Risse Racing Genesis Damper
Chainset: Raceface Forged Turbine
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN54 68mm 110mm
Rear Mech: Shimano XTR M952
Headset: Raceface Deus
Headset Spacer: Carbon Fibre 20mm
Stem: Syncros Ahead
Bar: Ritchey ForceLite 25.4 Flat Bar
Seatpost: Thomson Elite
Saddle: SDG BelAir RT
Grips: ODI X-Treme Lock-On Black / Silver
Tyres: White / Amber Wall 2.1 NOS beauty's

NEEDED - PLEASE HELP!!

Front Mech: Shimano XTR M950 series 34.9 Bottom or Dual Pull
Brakeset: Shimano XTR M950 series V Brakes or some NICE early Arch Rivals
Shifters: Shimano XTR M950 Series 8/9 Speed
Brakes: Real V Brake Levers CNC Silver (just missed out on ebay :()
Headset: Black or Silver Chris King, the bike deserves it
Wheelset: Mavic Rim, Rim Brake ONLY with Hope Ti Hubs in Ti, Gold, Silver or Black

Cabling: I'm thinking of getting braided Gold cabling for the Brakes and Gearing. Views would be appreciated

I've emailed AMP direct and although they haven't built bikes for 10 years, I've got to say that their customer relations are BANG ON. I'm in contact with Brion (NOT Brian !!) who hopefully will be able to sort out some genuine AMP disc adaptors and even a possible disc brakeset. I'm not holding my breath but he does think that there may be still some parts laying around and he is making some enquiries for me. Really nice guy and appreciates the Retro thing :cool:

Will post some updates over the next few days as I start putting it together

Very nice :cool:

Never seen a black seat stay before.

Needs a set of AMP forks though ;)

How much travel with that rear shock :?:

Nice to see my old girl has gone to a good home!

I may have that front mech available on your wanted list...

Looking stunning, I'm a sucker for shiny frames and the pro class RC36 forks.

I need to look into this polishing malarky, I need to clean up the arms of some STX cranks. What do you use with the Autosol, fine wire wool or just a cloth and a lot of elbow power?

Nice work Gadster :D and kudos for not going with the amp fork, I reckon the pace nails it :cool:

Here's a little update. Bottom Bracket installed and cranks tried on for size. The chainrings will be changed to Black, Gold, Black :cool:. Tried some wheels and a front tyre on just to see how the bike is starting to take shape.

Trying to sort a decent set of wheels. I've already posted in the wanted section.

I also need that Front mech (Ben !!!!!) I am going to be dumping the Ritchey Racelite bars and hopefully getting something Ti

Got a NOS XT Sharkfin to go on the chainstay.

NEED NEED NEED

m950 Series shifters 8 or 9 speed
CNC type Brake Levers V Brake compatible
Wheelset. Not specifically Hope just something light and retroish.

I'm also after opinions on pedals. Not running this with SPD's as it will be purely for leisurely rides in the Sunshine. Anybody got suggestions?

DSCF0911.jpg

Will probably also get a different saddle, something slightly sleeker looking, divided at the moment between black or white.

DSCF0910.jpg

Back