Help me identify my Kona Hei hei please

really? it's definatly Ti and i'm sure it has Kona geometry.

Also has one "Mountain shock" sticker that is of the 94-95 era?

thanks

dscf0544n.jpg
[/url]
[/img]

dscf0540q.jpg
[/url]
[/img]

Hmmm, :? I don't know who it was made for but the bullet ends of the seat and chainstays are like my 3 Sandviks so I wouldn't worry if it's not a Hei Hei (those decals don't look right). Would be nice to know who it was made for though! Looks :cool:

I don't think any of the stickers is original, but it does look quite like a Kona.

If it was a Kona, the downtube cable routing would date it to 96 or earlier, but the geometry is 94 or later. Hei Heis between those dates almost all had different geometry than that though - except a very few 96 ones that I have seen with the normal Kona seat tube extension.

It appears to be a size 18, so if it was a Kona the top tube would be 562mm c-c and head tube 110mm.

I agree that the serial number is in a TST format, but 18024 would mean the 24th size 18 built for that make - so if it was a Hei Hei that would mean a very early one from around 91, but the geometry doesn't look right for that. It is possibly a make that TST didn't build many frames for.

Anthony":9tow39q0 said:
I agree that the serial number is in a TST format, but 18024 would mean the 24th size 18 built for that make - so if it was a Hei Hei that would mean a very early one from around 91, but the geometry doesn't look right for that. It is possibly a make that TST didn't build many frames for.

...and early Hei Hei's didn't have the bullets so it probably is for a smaller company, like you say, from '93+

Back