Scott Boulder 1991 project

Traani

Devout Dirtbag
Hi,

i havent been here much but now i came back to tell you about one of my latest projects.

22"frame sized Boulder from 1991.Came with original steering bearing and fork,plus some older XTsaddle post,BB with deore LX cranks,with three quite nice condition chainrings.
IMG_4504.jpg

I am not capable to restore this because i dont know anything about factory set-up,and honestly,im not even interested about restoration as this is just perfect size frame for my real-life use,so i am converting this to single speed beater....well,beater and beater :)

I own a NOS,never used,still in package set of both,Deore XT grade brake levers,and matching NOS XT brakes to both end.I couldsell these or trade i know,and still can but i am very tempted to install these to my frame as well,as they might serve well and look good too in an old frame like this.

xtcantisetti.jpg

I am also going to install a adapter that allows me to install a modern age hex bolt stem,into older threaded steering tube...sorry if i dont know correct names.

jarrunippeleitxt.jpg

I have a never used old straight Rithchey bar plus some older pair of lockinggrips,so i have the cocpit pretty much gathered up already.

For a saddle,i have a nice condition but wrong(?) colour Nitrox saddle from an old tunturi matrixx bike.

I dont have any wheels yet but soon i have to find a pair.Or if not....well,i happen to have also a NOS pair of still boxed deore XT hubs,so i can also settle for just a handful of spokes and two rims.

One thing id like to ask,is that what is the widest tire that fits into this,if u guys have some knowledge to share?

i have a new pair of gazzaloddi dual-tires that are 26 x 2.1" but they look nasty...iam afraid that they are too wide to fit :cry:

Very nice project!
91 Boulder in this colours is one of the cult models in Poland - it was one of first good quality MTBikes bringing to Poland in early '90
I've frame like this in 19,5", but in worse condition unfortunately...

About tyres - 2,1" should not be to wide for it
I've seen this frames and many similar using Panaracers Smoke/Dart 2,1, and they looks good Maybe You should find them, or another black with skinwalls?

Front wheel looks good with this frame - IMO You should keep this direction!
Also maybe You'll find a stem from those years - that Kona looks strange in stuff composition

yep man,i do realise that the stem aint even close to the 90ś look that i was after but its these ONLY because i havent found a proper looking one yet.

IMG_2985.jpg

and this ones from lapland trip.i rode this for just 3 days,and it works like a clock,although i rode for only about 30 kilometers but still.after thsi i took the brakes off and im installing maguras hs 33 's now.

Back