Kona Cindercone

Kevhl

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've been after a Kona frame for ages, picked one up this morning!
If I was aiming for pristine then a respray would be on the cards, but I think I'll build it up as is for the time being and see how I get on.
Spec. wise I know pretty much what I'm doing just got to get a couple of bits before I can get everything together.

Couple of pics (excuse the quality):

Attachments

• dale5.jpg
    dale5.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 3,160
  • dale1.jpg
    dale1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 3,160
I can't get over how small it looks in comparison to my newer bikes!
I love the colour as well, definately holding off a respray although it is a little scuffed.
Pretty much have everything but a stem, so please excuse the old 50mm xlite dh one thats on the following pic.

Attachments

• Cindercone.jpg
    Cindercone.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 3,044
Love the bike and love the forks, the gold stanchions always looked fantastic on the RC35 pro's.

I've got the exact same model - it is a lovely colour.

I must get some amber tryes for it, after seeing yours! :)

Looks great with the black bars/stem/headset and Pace forks. I think it needs a black post and black chainrings and/or cranks. Add a smattering of gold ano (and KMC chain) to tie in with the Pace forks stanchions. :cool:

My tyre choice would be Green wildgrippers.

I've a set of black raceface turbines at my brothers that are destined for this one! Think black/gold is the way to go as well.
The top of the post and front hub are purple as well, which just doesn't fit in. Really need to get a set of gold hopes on black rims but I've only got purple and red fronts at the minute!

This is very much a build with what I've got bike, and I'm trying to do it without spending any money... that said my own rules allow me to sell old bits to fund new ones!

Back