GT RTS

On the home stretch of building this now. It started off as a Kona Fire Mountain, which started off as an MTrax 1500. Over the years bits got changed as they broke

4uho3q.jpg

Then, I got an RTS frame from EBay:

2dlvx1e.jpg

which is now nearing completion, (chain and gear cables to go, and sort out the seatpost):

156g7bd.jpg

Thank you very much to all the people that sold me things to help (adastra, sithlord, cce and scant), your kindness and help has been very much appreciated. Pictured is what is left of the Firemountain frame, if I can get the crank off, I'll build that up as a rigid bike, as it was many years ago. I don't know what year either of them are, either.

Onle thing that i can't quite understand, is that it says it's an RTS3 but it's 7000 tubing for the main triangle, and GT catalogues/bikepedia says that this wasn't used for a 3, but a 2, so I'm only slightly confused over it, but not worrying too much.

adastra":2w7f3pgq said:
Looks cool ! Glad i could help in the parts dept :cool:

Saved me a great deal of heartache and "hitting stuff with a hammer" I can tell you.

2i0ztr8.jpg

Front on

30jpg79.jpg

Drive side

55l3z6.jpg

Non drive side

28s6h4x.jpg

Cockpit

Please excuse the garden fence, it's, err, been, err, raining a lot, and I haven't had the time to sort it. Yeah, deffo raining a lot. For 18 months, in fact....

You need an 18" frame. That seatpost scare me, I certainly wouldnt be happy riding it :shock:

Would happilh swap an 18 in polished ally if you ever fancy a bigger frame.... The 7000 series mainframes were 7005 and were from about 95 onwards, they also have a tendancy to crack at the bb and on the stays if they are alloy.....

always nice to see my old bits in good homes :)

it's a tragic indictment of my continual changes of parts that it took me a few minutes of looking to remember what i'd sold you ;0

Pickle":f888rm07 said:
You need an 18" frame. That seatpost scare me, I certainly wouldnt be happy riding it :shock:

I need to change the seatpost/sort it as a correct height, it's currently about 3 inches too high for me at present....... Until I get a chain on it (tomorrow) I've not sorted that bit out yet.

Other than that, most pleased.

EDIT: Heh, I can see the dirt line on it. I think it's the wrong size, so I'll be changing that before the weekend. It's the one from the Kona, which I think bulged a little or something in the years I had it in there. I'll have to ask MrsA and see if she's feeling extra generous when she picks up my new chain tomorrow.

Back