GT LTS transformation

LTS Biker

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have tuned my GT LTS,
well it actually doesn't look like a LTS anymore.
All parts swopped from an LTS to an Trek 9900 OCLV

Trek%209900%20Pro%20Issue%20done2.jpg

Rene - that is so nice.

I've never really loved either carbon or Trek, but that is just lovely. Absolutely the right shape for a hardtail (IMO). And so cool that it is opposite colours.

Bet it's light?

Nice.

Hilts":265dv9z0 said:
agree with Wu on all the above points...

Ditto.

OCLVs are sweet to ride as well as look at.

Nice paintjob but wouldn't it be nice if the inside of the stays were reverse colours, if that makes sense :LOL:

nice. The flip flop colour threw me for a loop for a second! I've never seen that scheme b4.

Q? What frame size? The angles are just right.

It's a YES from me!

So sweet - could you change one of the SID fork legs to white (cf. TiFatMan) - one legged forks are so NOW!

:cool:

Neil

(To view a larger version, click the blue one)
JS1500":2cvcr5l1 said:
Nice paintjob but wouldn't it be nice if the inside of the stays were reverse colours, if that makes sense :LOL:
The chainstays in reversed colour would be great I think, but, this is how they made it by Trek.
The decals have suffered from the years abuse, and they look up close really bad. But on the pics they look good.

Porschenut":2cvcr5l1 said:
nice. The flip flop colour threw me for a loop for a second! I've never seen that scheme b4.
Q? What frame size? The angles are just right.
The size is 42 CM Centre-top (16,5 inch)
And I'm 1.80m (5'10) but I need just a little longer seatpost, now it's half an inch over it's max.

Wu-Tangled":2cvcr5l1 said:
Bet it's light?
The bike feels really light. I haven't used super light stuff, but I'm planning to make it lighter. New tires/tubes and (black) stem. For the rest some new bolts.

And the bike, tested sunday, feels geat. Only a bit pain in the bottom area. :)
But.. I used to ride a totally different and heavier fully.
The only parts not from the LTS are grips, brakes forks and cassette/chain.

Could this be the end of the LTS mate??? :shock:

Loving the OCLV...great colour scheme! :cool:

Rich

Looks fast, good job.

Hard to believe the M950 gruppo is 12 years old.

Beaut!

Those OCLV frames make for one of the best riding bikes I have ever used.

Just had a look on ebay and here is one the same as I used to have.

8c3e_3.JPG

The Pro Issue Nude Carbon in 18" - even lighter due to not having paint - less than 3lbs for the frame...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260117971312

Oh boy did I love that bike with Manitou 3/4's and XT groupset.

A complete flyer - the faster you went the smoother the trails.

Shame I broke two in six months and Trek decided that I would be better off with my money back :roll:

I would love to buy this one and hang it up as art... but it would be a waste and my wife would kill me :shock:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back