Cannondale SE1000

markmacmonkey

Dirt Disciple
I'm fairly new to this so I'd thought I'd post a pic of my SE1000. Bought second hand (brand new really) in '90/91 (?) and been ridden ever since! Upgraded the Pepperoni forks to Manitou IIs and the Girven FlexStem to a ControlTech. Mavic headset, Answer Hyperlite bars/X-Lite ends and SS7 levers are also upgrades from the day. The GripShift are original and work like a dream! Original back wheel with Sunn rim on Suntour XC hub. Front - Bullseye hub on a Ritchey Vantage rim (also have the back wheel with a close ratio block). Suntour XC comp groupset. Lightening Bolt kit.

Forks are well busted and will be upgrading (!?LOL) to some Manitou EFCs so watch out for the free bits that are left from these - good for spares.

The only new upgrade is the Avid Ti back brake... anybody who has ever experienced Cannondale's Force Braking system will understand! Now I can actually stop! Oh, and a seat post and tyres!

Will be looking for a new project after I give this to my other half!

A few more pics in the Readers Bikes section... NOT a bike of the month but I love it... rides like a pig in glue and weighs the same as a baby elephant! I love it tho! :D

Attachments

• DSC00046.JPG
    DSC00046.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 3,962
I found Retro Bike via Google while looking for forks and there was a post basically having a laugh at these (all which was true I might add!)

Haven't seen another around here but would be interested to see if there are any others out there! :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Mine, I just finishe to be restored…
The first suspension bike I bought, the first cannondale I bought ( in 1991)…
It's very funny to ride it… I love it ! ;)
est3zn5.jpg

est6go6.jpg

The swingarm was very flashy green, the spring was pink, the pepperoni fork and the frame black…

markmacmonkey, get those Manitou off and put the Pepperonni forks back on. Cannondale´s are the best.

Look at that - a Head Case - remember them? All those unecessary bits we used to attach to our bikes. Ha ha. I loved my Head Case when I got it (covered up my rubbish headset and everything).

Nice bike.

:D

Wu-Tangled":356lcoas said:
Look at that - a Head Case - remember them? All those unecessary bits we used to attach to our bikes. Ha ha. I loved my Head Case when I got it (covered up my rubbish headset and everything).

Nice bike.

:D

Was that one of those neoprene boots?
Did no-one figure out that a material designed to hold water against something probably isn't best used to protect bearings :?: :!: :roll:

Back