1994 Edit: 1991(?) Klein Pinnacle

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Here's a few pictures of last nights pick-up.
Really can't afford it (after buying the Spanky a few weeks ago) but couldn't resist either. It won't stay the way it is..I will have to decide what I can afford to keep and what I can't.

Spent a few hours last night de-stickering the frame and true to the sellers words, they wern't covering any nasties. One slight ding on the downtube, a few light scratches but otherwise in rude health for a 16yo.

Pre-clean pictures

Spec
94(?) Pinnacle Frame
Bomber Z3 Forks
Wheels: Pace hub up front, modern tat on the rear. Mavic 231 rims (not much wear to surface..this bike hasn't been used much)
CQP Crankset with full compliment of Pace rings in great shape.
Brakes: Front, Pauls Crosstop Rear, Pauls Canti
Brodie brace
SS5 Levers
XT Thumbies
XT Mechs front and rear
Ritchey pedals
Ringle Skewers
ControlTech post (extending to about 500mm by the seller, quality job too)
Flite saddle
Kore Stem
Club Roost bars

Stuffforsale437.jpg

Stuffforsale434.jpg

Stuffforsale440.jpg

Stuffforsale439.jpg

Stuffforsale441.jpg

Stuffforsale438.jpg

Stuffforsale442.jpg

1994(?) Pinnacle

Lovely.

Shift all the modern bits and hopefully you'll be able to afford to keep it. Should turn out great without the stem, forks, modern rear wheel, etc getting in the way.

That looks like a fun bike as is or shouldn't be to hard to find a control tech stem and some suitable if not original spinner forks for it and project finished?!

I'm going to be re-furbing my dads Rascal this summer- powdercoat new decals and at his request drop bars... should be sweet.

Congrats and from the Klein logo and the placement of the Pinnacle logo, I'd guess yours is a 1990 or 1991. You'll have some fun on the trails this summer.

Thats a good starting point. :cool: lovely frame, nice cranks, hubs etc just replace the forks and away you go years of fun

SF Klein":1gxffsn4 said:
Congrats and from the Klein logo and the placement of the Pinnacle logo, I'd guess yours is a 1990 or 1991. You'll have some fun on the trails this summer.

Mmm...just scanned the cats and can't find it. Def. earlier than 94, I can see that now. Closest I can see are Pinnacle Elites 88/89/90 but mine has a plain colour :? :?

Latest posts

Back