'95 Saracen Rufftrax... creamy green meany!

Dead Rats

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
info to follow!

30807_438980261170_586536170_6212338_4138498_n.jpg

Nice! How did you do the graphics - very subtle.

I have a similar looking Saracen frame coming (top tube routing, non pierced seat tube). Mine is yellow.

Are you sure its a 1995 - do you have a link to a 1995 brochure so I can identify it?

was8v":2lotg6gq said:

I have a similar looking Saracen frame coming (top tube routing, non pierced seat tube). Mine is yellow.

Are you sure its a 1995 - do you have a link to a 1995 brochure so I can identify it?
I guess it could be a 96 model, it had 95 stamped on the stem and post which now live on other bikes as I broke it down the first time I owned it. Now I have it back I bought 97 stamped but otherwise identical replacements from eBay. Think stem is from a smaller frame as its shorter. Re graphics, I just took the decals off so paint is shinier where they used to be :) sorry no link, you tried the Rb archives?

Dead Rats":2ox1gg1c said:
was8v":2ox1gg1c said:

I guess it could be a 96 model, it had 95 stamped on the stem and post which now live on other bikes as I broke it down the first time I owned it. Now I have it back I bought 97 stamped but otherwise identical replacements from eBay. Think stem is from a smaller frame as its shorter. Re graphics, I just took the decals off so paint is shinier where they used to be :) sorry no link, you tried the Rb archives?

Yeah there is only a 1992 catalogue in there :)

Would love to see more brochures uploaded!

Thanks fort he info, seems these frames appeared when they dropped the pierced seat tube.

bit of an update - the single Biopace ring was predictably good... at throwing the chain off on upshifts! I didn't want to use a bashguard on this particular build (and higher gearing was most likely needed) so have fitted an old 200GS triple heart Biopace chainset from the spares boxes instead. IDB1 karma'd me a nice 28.6mm TP front mech :D and I replaced the single STX shifter with a pair of slightly lower end Rapidfire pods.

Brakes are now fitted (Altus cantis from a '95 Backtrax which I upgraded to v-brakes a while back) as are grips (chocolate Ourys to replace the dull looking Be-Ones in the original photo above) and I'll be posting pics up as soon as I've refitted everything!

A brown saddle would be nice but I can't really afford anything else on this project right now..

Carry on!

Back