14 years since new

krakatoa

Retro Newbie
Just thought I'd join up...lovely to see all these beautiful older machines.
Still enjoying this one...
Used as a commuter/ fitness bike these days.
This is a '93 Trekker Hydrotech Competition model that I've had since new and still ride and enjoy almost daily.
Just gave it a thorough wash and brush-up and thought. "Blimey, that looks alright after all these years"
I have never seen another example, either in the flesh or on the net.
Anyway, comments appreciated.

Attachments

• trekker-may-07-marshes-web.jpg
    trekker-may-07-marshes-web.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,956
Dear lord, how long is that stem. I loved them the first time round and I'm even more drawn to it now!

I remember the ads for those bikes comparing themselves to BMW motorbikes (both with magura brakes and maz forks, and bizarre frames)

That's looking great mate..never a real fan of the e-stay myself, but always had a soft spot for Saracens...

How do you find the maguras work after all this time? Have you had to do anything to them?

Rich

Maguras have been absolutely trouble-free for 14 years. Still strong enough to flip me over.
Have only ever replaced the pads.

I actually wrote to them to say how reliable they'd been...but the b***ers never answered.

Anyway..thanks for the replies. Appreciated.

i was thinking about these the otherday a guy in my village has a white one i love the estays and salsa esque paintjob i wanted one so bad back in the day.

Wow I remember those, don't think i've ever seen one in real life but i've seen them in magaziness from the early 90's!
Looks really nice, very retro and very classy, if it was mine i'd ride it every day too :p

Back