Specialized rockhopper

echihn

Dirt Disciple
Honestly have never bothered to search up the date on this bike. Had some rock shox judy forks on it. Got this bike from a buddy quite some time ago. I actually changed it up and made it into a training bike.

Now, the ONE unique thing about this design is it's an adjustable single speed. I use a rear der, just like if I were to be running gears. I took a shifter cable and cut the cable about 3 inches from the ball on the end of the cable, and pushed it through into the der and under the tab to tighten it. From there, I just use pliers and tighten or loosen the cable, and can set it on that cog and have it be fixed there. Works awsome. Got the idea off a forum awhile back. Can't remember. It's awsome for training. because I can "climb" gears. Each day dropping teeth on windsprint sessions and hill climb training.

Anyways, the bike is in pieces since I gave the forks to my buddy. Once I get some new forks I'll get an updated pic, and also get some pics of what I did on the der. (even tho it's pretty self explanatory.

sss.jpg

raceface stem
fsa cranks w/ race face b/b
truvativ huss bars
XT v brakes in rear
single track front, stock specialized rear (yea, gonna be ousted soon for another single track)
pre production shimano 858 clipless pedals
primo lower headset. King upper.

probably going to put some single crown shivers on and lower travel an inch or so.

Admins delete this post please. My internet was being finnicky last night and double posted the thread.

Back