iveto1983

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I bought this frame a while ago off wadsy. I bought everything I wanted for it, but was waiting on some rigid forks being made.
I then spotted a Blizzard frame for sale, and because I could build that, I did, with all the parts bought for this. :roll:
Anyway, I'm still waiting on the rigid forks, apparently the correct diameter fork blades are hard to source. Happily enough, I bought some rc30s off ededwards for my Vit T2, which freed up the rc36 for this. :D
Apart from the stuff that's on it, the spec is to be decided, so I'm open to suggestions...

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Oh yeah, the skewers and tires are temporary, and the steerer needs trimming :p

Nice frame to behold, ice cream smooth welds, what year is it? In terms of ideas I think silver components with slight black accents & chain rings would look good.

back in the day

I had a lovely Dave Lloyd built for me back in the day.

Had a bent top tube to accommodate my stupid short legs.

Lovely bike, fillet brazed, mad black paint job with fluorescent fade revealed by masked off squares - wish I had a pic.

Ordered off the back of a mag article on them, anyone got this to scan?!

Some bugger nicked it though and I bought an Aluminium O with the insurance money, that got nicked, I went to uni, got fat and didn't ride until early this year!!! :(

I am 36 now!! so about 18 years out of the saddle!!

Memory is a bit hazy, but would be lovely to see some pics of some Dave Lloyds from back in the day!

Cheers,

Steve

Cheers Guys :D

I believe it's a 1995, the frame number is LL951012?
As for the build, there's been some progress today, I've been rummaging, and found some m736 mechs and thimbshifters, rs7 cranks and the USE bars and barends that JeRkY sold me.
I'll post some pics later, but with brakes, pedals and cabling up, it'd be rideable.

If I wasn't skint I think I could have you JeRkY ;)

callookuk, sorry to hear about that :cry: :evil:
There is a scan on here somewhere of an MBUK article on the Cats Wiskas, I've got them on my computer too, I could post them here if you like?

reckon mine must have been about 1989 - was a specific article about Dave Lloyd as a frame builder.

Must have been good, saved all my paper round money to buy one!!

Back