1992 Stumpjumper build - pictures

Last Exit

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Today was build day :)

This is my homage to Kaiser's white Stumpjumper. Gil is kindly sorting me out with the graphics, and many other people on this forum have also been incredibly helpful. My thanks to all, especially Kaiser and Sithlord :)

A few parts highlights...

1992 Stumpjumper frame
NOS XTR M900 Levers / shifters, Front mech, Rear mech, Cassette (which I believe are correct for a 1992 build)
XTR M900 hubs, Mavic 231 rims, NOS Umma Gummas and Salsa Skewers
Control Tech cantis
Syncros Bar, Stem and Seat post
Chris King Headset - had to buy new as I couldn't find an older one :(
Middleburn chainset
Sella Italia Flite Saddle

Just taken her for a quick test ride and I am delighted. Quick, agile and that lovely steel frame :)

Hope you like her...

Fred

Attachments

• Stumpjumper ready to ride.jpg
    Stumpjumper ready to ride.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 2,538
  • Stumpjumper nearly there.jpg
    Stumpjumper nearly there.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 2,538
  • Stumpjumper frame.jpg
    Stumpjumper frame.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 2,538
  • Stumpjumper parts.jpg
    Stumpjumper parts.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 2,538
Like that a lot

Missed out on one locally, in white, chap wanted £50 ono for it..

From the pics it was in excellent condition too...

Very nice. Are you getting a set of decals for it?

I'm just waiting for my frame to come back from powdercoating before I can take my 92 Stumpy out :)

Thanks chaps :)

I did agonise over the colour but in the end Kaiser's white build looked spot on to me - I made this page to show pretty much every colour combination to help make my choice! Was very tempted by mango but then found a mint 98 Stumpjumper for my wife in that colour and didn't want two in the fleet :)

http://gallery.me.com/fredbrownprivate#100204

I am getting decals done but wanted to wait until all the red bits arrived before I made the final choice. That said I really like it clean and simple.

What colour did you get yours in EarlofBarnet?

Took the fork apart last night and posted in the chat forum to see if anyone knows how to service them :)

Love the build.

I've got a 92 Stumpjumper which is in the pipeline for a build, but I was wondering what size bottom bracket you used?

Back