Newbie with ancient full-sus proflex

TDIfurby

Retro Guru
Hello - Bought this bike WAY back and have used it a lot.... Then decided to (due to poor frame condition) strip it down and repaint the frame. That was 2 years ago. The old Proflex 957 was meant to look like this...

pro_957_fullb.jpg

However, thanks to my (ab)use it now from today looks like this:-

DSC00782.jpg

I am aiming to get this bike back into a sensible oem state, but obviously in black, not polished alloy. Due to my obsession with cars (I drive a very powerful diesel Skoda Fabia....) I have decided to paint the bike frame & parts VW metallic black. I have purchased some new recent Deore XT gearing, and aim to rebuild using the original XT V-brakes and original wheels. The bike came with Pace RC37 forks so they will be going on and I will be looking to service them, along with the Noleen rear shock.

Hoping to get some good advice along the way from this forum! :D

Good plan for the build :cool:

A guy at work has a Fabia vrs. I keep bugging him to give me his engine to drop in a 205. He hasn't gave in yet :roll:

Aye- great bikes, and quite rare.........they don't grow on trees, ye know........... :p

And what ye need is some nice funky fournales forks to go on the front end of that........ ;)

Yeah - Fournales look good, but I love the Pace ones to be honest. Any idea on cost of a set of fournales?

I am also after an original sticker set to apply to the bike, or a set which is very similar. I fear I will use Skoda stickers on it. :D

Also, my car isn't a vRS - Just a 100hp TDI - but I have tuned itway beyond the point where most people are happy with the power. :D Here it is on track at Mallory Park earlier this month
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXbCF-fiTp4

Contact Gil_M on here for repro decals: gil@thecycleshed.co.uk

The Fournales forks were uber expensive when they came out, and are bloody hard to find these days in anything but small head tube size..........the last set that was on eBay was @£180 (US seller, bought by one of the chaps on ID riders proflex group).
I have a set in my fer sales for the same........ :p

orange71":3uvdwyon said:
I have tuned itway beyond the point where most people are happy with the power.

260bhp :shock:

Hardware setup for a smidge over 300bhp ;) And still over 50mpg average fuel economy. :D

Anyway - back to the bike :D Final coat of metallic black going on in a bit - Heat is good for spraying. Tomorrow I will start the lacquer and wet & dry flattening process.

Latest posts

Back