Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:57 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:56 am 
Retro Guru

Ok, purists look away now.....

For those of you left, here's my '94 Blizzard:

Bought as an old race bike, that had probably been sat outside for a good few years, so it had a few problems. The worst being a (very) stuck seatpost and seized cranks and BB. A few other components also went straight in the bin after I'd wrestled them off.

Since the frame is tatty and rusty (read: wonderful patina) I decided to build it back up as a street bike that I can lock up without attracting unwanted eyes. It's GREAT fun to ride! :twisted:

Here's fitting mobile-phone 'bikes you've seen' type image. I'll add some proper pics later if folk are interested :lol:

Attachments:
94blizsm.jpg
94blizsm.jpg [ 164.63 KiB | Viewed 5913 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:03 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

i like the simplicity of that build.. 8)
the straight bladed forks look good, but i reakon the disc tabs need to be removed.
and im sure riser bars and the short stem make it ride nicely but im a fan of straight bars and a slightly longer stem :)
Id really like a rocky project of my own but ive got too many bikes at the min.. (just like everyone else on here)
overall it looks very cool and i bet its fun to cruise around the town ? it looks like a kind of a retro hybrid mountain/jump bike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:05 pm 
Old School Grand Master

That is very very cool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:15 pm 
King of the DuckBoard
King of the DuckBoard

How about some colour pictures

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:13 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

tintin40 wrote:
How about some colour pictures

I don't think there will be much difference other than the background being in colour. Bike will just be a slightly different shade of black and white :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:53 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Raaaah!! You **** up a classic racing machine!

:D

Too bad it's not original anymore, but this is a nice kind of bike. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:59 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

sorry, but being white and having "Rocky Mountain" and "Blizzard" would immediately attract me to it like a moth to a fire! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:12 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

RockiMtn wrote:
sorry, but being white and having "Rocky Mountain" and "Blizzard" would immediately attract me to it like a moth to a fire! :lol:

But surely beepbeep has cleverly equipped it with a modern Kona fork knowing that no self-respecting thief would dare to be seen with such an abomination. I mean, *any* Kona fork on a Rocky Mountain is likely to provoke the wrath of the Gods, but a modern one?

Add in that it's size small, it has no gears, no front brake and a zero-effective-length stem and you have to be as brave as beepbeep to ride this, even though it's the coolest-looking thing on the street.

People seem to like the white Kilaueas, indeed I have one myself at the moment, but they don't look a patch on a white Blizzard with black decals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:03 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Anthony wrote:
RockiMtn wrote:

But surely beepbeep has cleverly equipped it with a modern Kona fork knowing that no self-respecting thief would dare to be seen with such an abomination. I mean, *any* Kona fork on a Rocky Mountain is likely to provoke the wrath of the Gods, but a modern one?

Add in that it's size small, it has no gears, no front brake and a zero-effective-length stem and you have to be as brave as beepbeep to ride this, even though it's the coolest-looking thing on the street.

People seem to like the white Kilaueas, indeed I have one myself at the moment, but they don't look a patch on a white Blizzard with black decals.

bah, i had a set of P2s on my Blizzard for the longest of time. granted i didn't know it was a RM back then. :roll: but parts can be changed.

btw, you ever receive your package???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:37 am 
Retro Guru

:D Thanks for all the compliments! I didn't think this would attract much attention (hence the quick photo)

I agree, it's a bit of a mess, but it's a 'spare parts box' build :wink: I actually got the P2 forks thrown-in with a (full suspension :lol: ) frame I've just bought.

Beta - don't worry, it was far from original when I bought it. The RM stem was the only thing left.

Here she is in glorious technicolor...

Attachments:
BLZ1.jpg
BLZ1.jpg [ 161.78 KiB | Viewed 5743 times ]
BLZ2.jpg
BLZ2.jpg [ 129.04 KiB | Viewed 5743 times ]
BLZ3.jpg
BLZ3.jpg [ 130.65 KiB | Viewed 5743 times ]
BLZ4.jpg
BLZ4.jpg [ 163.38 KiB | Viewed 5743 times ]