Old school DH Bike and Parts ID

toocoolforschool

Dirt Disciple
I've just posted this in the chat room but then realised this section is probably more appropriate for it...

Can anyone help with identifing this bike and parts.

Its a old DH race bike with some really nice parts, prob about the best bits available at the time it was built.

Any ideas on years and parts etc would be great.

Cheers,
Jo

PICT0544.jpg

PICT0568.jpg

PICT0556.jpg

PICT0557.jpg

PICT0566.jpg

PICT0545.jpg

PICT0554.jpg

PICT0546.jpg

PICT0547.jpg

PICT0549.jpg

PICT0550.jpg

PICT0551.jpg

PICT0559.jpg

PICT0560.jpg

PICT0561.jpg

PICT0565.jpg

These things were badged up by every one, might be a kona one but I would have no idea how you could tell. Much more likely its one of the numerous other verlicchi's. especially since the swing arm is a different colour?

Thanks for all your help, but it seems like its not going to be that easy to be sure what it was badged up as... although can i be sure that it was made by Verlicchi for a few companies.

Also looking at the Kona and comparing to this pic, it looks different for sure.

PICT0566.jpg

And parts... any ideas... the cranks look pretty funky but never seen anything like them before myself.

Oh, and the forks too?

It could be Sintesi Bromont as well... I remember green ano in Sintesi badged bikes along with Marcochi DH 3 front forks.

Forks looks like RST Hi-5 to me or any double crown RST, doesn't seem to be original. Here it is. Sintesi. I knew I saw it somewhere :) About that weld, was more brands used same frame, also brand from Germany BIRIA had same frameset, don't remember in what colour though... or just could be a different year or slight differences from catalogue.

Attachments

• sintesi96.jpg
    sintesi96.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 2,303
Back