Spent several hours chasing out the BB threads 'ghetto style' with a sharp blade (tedious). Eventually after making my own special tool for the Hope BB cups I got it installed. So I put a chain on her and set both the mech's so I could run a single fixed gear. As the forks aren't properly fettled and I dont have a pump I made another bodge so I could at least take the bike for a gentle cruise around the block. This involved wrapping 2 old coil springs from an old fork in heatshrink, then dropping them in the air chamber on one leg. Dont worry I did it in such a way as to cause no damage to the internals.
She felt nimble and light a I couldn't stop going for the downshift trigger even though I knew it wasn't there! It was lovely to finally turn those XC duos and hear the Contis buzzing on the tarmac! Cant wait to get her on the trails!!!!
Now she's got the proper front wheel and the gold bling KMC chain on she really looking the part. I'll get some new pics up as soon as I can.
Still a way off being properly rideable though.....