My P7 project

Graeme

Devout Dirtbag
Just bought this off eBay. It will be a rolling restore, it's all servicable but I want to recreate my stolen '95 P7 as much as possible.

Currently
XTR hubs with Mavic 517 rr and 117 fr Citrus rims
XTR skewers
Mostly XT except for LX rr mech
XT thumbies
XT V brakes
Orange forks and stem
White Industries cranks
X-Lite seat
ControlTech seatpost
Onza bar ends
Yellow Onza Ules grips
Panaracer Dart fr, Panaracer Duster Pro R rr
Nasty plastic pedals

The previous owner had a bit of a yellow thing going on, I'm going grey. A sort of John Major of the retro world.

Can anyone confirm the year for me, I am guessing 95/96 because of the cable hangers.

Just found a seat post/fr mech data sheet on the Orange website. It appears that my P7 is a 98 or later. The forward facing seat clamp slot dates it. I'm devastated :cry: Do I have to leave now?

I have a fair bit of NOS from the mid 90s which will be going on but I am still short a few bits.

Looking for grey Flite Ti , grey Onza Ules, White Industries hubs, X-Lite shifter hangers, grey UmmaGummas, XTR shifters.

main.php
[/b]

Aha, had my eye on this one myself..

Lovely bike :cool:

I had a 95 stolen too, a C16R tho.. And that's the reason I'm getting another one! Looking forward to seeing the progress on the build.. ;)

Ules are available but only in black. From Supercycles in Nottingham or on fleabay. Porcipaws are coming soon apparently.

Always wanted to have a go on a P7 to see how it compares to the Clockwork.

Nice :!:

Goodluck finding the bits you need - it's great to build a bike you've always wanted or recreate one you used to own.
:D

I have found the WI hubs. Problem is they have a rather expensive bike wrapped around them. I'm not sure my budget can stand it.

Especially after I just made one of those 'Oh my god, my mother has a fool for a son' type cock ups*.

You're welcome to a ride out if you're in this neck of the woods, JS1500.

Radar, thanks for that, maybe they'll bring out the greys after a while.

Ok, now I sound obsessive.

*I'll put it in the 'one thing you most regret not buying on eBay' thread later.

The trouble with grey Ules is that they don't stay grey for all that long. Mine have gone a very unappealing dirty brown colour - when I've been out for a longish ride in the rain they rub back down to original colour in places and I remember what they once looked like!

Cheers,

AJ

The trouble with grey Ules is that they don't stay grey for all that long.

Ok, I have a solution. You need a new pair of black ones.

Carefully remove your existing unappealing dirty brown grey pair (lift up end and squirt Fairy Liquid inside), pop them in an envelope and post them to the address I will shortly pm to you.

At the same time I will be purchasing a pair of shiny new black ones and sending them to you.

Problem solved. :D

Go on, you know you want to.

mmmm nickel p7

good man

i snapped my first one years back and was gutted, so couple years ago bought one from a lady who had done 20 miles on it fomr new, its near nos..its currently hung up in my garage collecting dust built with xtr, crossmax and arch rival ultimates, cracking bike. mines the 1995 version with block writing.

still have the orignal fitting kit somware if ya need? post, bars , stem bar ends, even the saddle which is on my work hack bike :oops:

kase1983":33quek14 said:
mmmm nickel p7
still have the orignal fitting kit somware if ya need? post, bars , stem bar ends, even the saddle which is on my work hack bike :oops:

I'll bear it in mind, thanks. I'm not restoring to original so much as replicating my modified one.

Back