Super Boring Mid 80's Raleigh Maverick

MartinYorkshire

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hey guys,

I was having a root through the garage today and remembered I had an old Raleigh.

Im almost certain its worth about the same as a packet of crisps but I figured I'd post it as I cant find any images of this exact bike anywhere on the web.

Might bring back memories for some! Wish had still had my alipinestars al-mega rather than this though, but some bugger nicked it :(

Attachments

• Maverick1.jpg
    Maverick1.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 4,640
  • Badge.jpg
    Badge.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 4,640
  • Shifters.jpg
    Shifters.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 4,640
  • Bouncy-Seat.jpg
    Bouncy-Seat.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 4,640
mikee":rq7gr55o said:
not much wrong with that m8

have this as a wee consolation :LOL:

Nice nice nice!! :D

My Al Mega looked like the Cro Mega you have, but different colours, flouro yellow iirc. Any idea how much it would cost for another one, fully built?

Its something I might consider but Im not sure how robust the Al Mega frames are, I know some cracked at the time, near the BB. I've been boring my wife to death with mountain biking memories since she suggested she wanted to get one.

Its actually great fun teaching someone basic stuff like the parts of a bike, especially the wife. She's now going to choose her own with bits from Stif...lol

Mark65":2uc6yuqq said:
its in good nick and built like a tank by the looks of it. :D

Tank is right, it weighs a ton. Is it likely to be worth anything to anyone? I mean, not necessarily monetary, but does anyone even bother with these old raleighs that arent dynatech etc.

the cro-mega was bought from GT-steve for less than £200
it is very origonal tho
the al-mega pictured was fornd in a skip a few years ago
thankfully it's not cracked but has lots of "patina"

An Al Mega in a skip breaks my heart. Glad it was rescued!!

I'd definitely take a cro mega for £200. If its even serviceable its well worth it just for the fun of adding stuff to it!

What can you get new for £200, a Halfords Apollo. Noooo.

Boring how dare you :LOL:

I love mine to bits, and I am am rather taken by yours.Looks completely original too :cool: I rode 40 miles on mine last weekend and in the rain too ! and it didnt miss a beat, Its my fav retro ride atm,

I am going to ride it at Mayhem next month for a laugh and yours would be even more of a laugh with side pull brakes, Just think of the buzz passing modern bikes on that ............ bring it on !

Latest posts

Back