1991 Marin Muirwoods

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Pickle very kindly found this for me in a Lincoln bike shop and bought, packaged and posted it for me :D

It came in completely original condition with full 200GS groupset and even has the original Marin tyres.
The mudguards and horrible saddle have gone and Marctwotone karma'd me a nice late 80's original Marin saddle, thanks mate ;)

LX cantis and rear mech and an Exage 500LX chainset has repleaced some of the incredibly heavy 200GS componenets.

Just got to have a test ride and fit my little girls seat which was the reason I bought this :D

Thanks for looking and sorry for the awful phone pics ;)

Image061.jpg

Image062.jpg

marin muirwoods

chris that is lovely!! the good old two tone days with subtle decals. for an all round hard-tail you dont need much else. sourcing parts and upgrades will be easy and affordable.

nice one fella ;) :)

Lovin' the Zolatone :cool: :cool: :cool:
Looks to be a really tidy example too... :cool:

I've got one of those crappy gel saddles that all the '90 and '91 Marin's came with, if you're interested in it being 100% period-correct?? ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Super job!

Just remember not to spend too much on it, because thats not what it was meant for ;)

Looks great chris. Got to love the subtlety of these early 90's marins.

If you fancy a few hours with me one day we could have a photoshoot of your collection? I'm not the best photographer but my camera is half reasonable and can cover some of my mistakes!

Wow, I've got exactly the same model in original spec. Even the tyres are identical originals.

Mine's got to go though... just bought an AMP B3 and need the space for that.

Thanks for the replys :D

Steve thanks for the saddle offer but I think I will stick with the one Marc gave me thanks, its super comfy :)

Jon don't worry its staying like this now.

Dave thanks will take you up on that offer, we will sort something and combine it with a ride round here soon ;)

Back