why do i continue to buy??? (DeKerf content) now goodbye!

RockiMtn

Gold Trader
Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
Yes, I've done it again. Said I wouldn't add anymore to my collection but I just couldn't resist. As the Borg says… "Resistance is futile" :(

The sum of the parts worth more than the amount I paid. Was REALLY hoping the bike was too large for me and would force me to strip the bike for the parts I want and pass on the frame and extras. But it JUST fits me. :roll:

The paint was removed and a clear lacquer was applied over the raw metal. I've been told it's a 96/97 DeKerf Generation and has Ritchey logos stamped on both the BB and the rear drop-outs. Not quite the most coherent build, but it has a good wheelset, and some nice Paul and Thompson parts.

The 2x1 setup is something I'll have to play around with, as I'm use to a fully geared bike.
30/03/11: Confirmed by the man himself… 1996 DeKerf Generation! :D

Attachments

• IMG_3177.JPG
    IMG_3177.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 4,609
  • IMG_3176.JPG
    IMG_3176.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 4,609
  • IMG_3144.JPG
    IMG_3144.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 4,609
  • img_0924.jpg
    img_0924.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 4,609
more…

Attachments

• IMG_3154.JPG
    IMG_3154.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 4,608
  • IMG_3150.JPG
    IMG_3150.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 4,608
  • IMG_3157.JPG
    IMG_3157.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 4,608
  • IMG_3156.JPG
    IMG_3156.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 4,608
Inigo Montoya":3j81qabc said:
nice one!
fork look a bit cheap?

Rock Shox Tora… don't know much about it. But it does come with a lockout cable attached to a switch on the handlebar.

They'll probably go, as with the oversized Thompson stem, Truvative Noir carbon bars, the saddle, and Yes, the green Oury grips! :p

while i was at it, i also snagged a set of gold Syncros triple compacts today to complete a second set of forged. :oops:

lucky you got that bike for cheap as someone who builds something special like this should know what its worth...

go ride the bike and let us know how it rides. will be interesting to hear how it rides and if you stick to 1x2.

i should move to canada. my local auction sites are stuffed with worthless junk. depressing...

RockiMtn":eoqs8tcn said:
Inigo Montoya":eoqs8tcn said:
nice one!
fork look a bit cheap?

Rock Shox Tora… don't know much about it. But it does come with a lockout cable attached to a switch on the handlebar.

They'll probably go, as with the oversized Thompson stem, Truvative Noir carbon bars, the saddle, and Yes, the green Oury grips! :p

Good call :cool: , looks like a great project, you'll need to take some outside pics to show off the clear coat, whats it like?

Back