My Vitamin T2

MikeC

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I always liked Orange bikes growing up, didn't we all? I spent my first student loan on a P7 frame in 1995 and built it up as best I could at the time. One day I will scan a photo of me riding through a Cambridgeshire ford on a hot summer's day in the days when I had hair and rode without a helmet :cool:

Back then there was no way I could afford a Vitamin T, so much so that I didn't really pay a lot of attention to them. I knew that they were lovely in the same way that we all know that Ferraris are lovely, but I couldn't afford either so I ignored them.

Well I still can't afford a Ferrari, and to be honest I can't really afford a Vitamin T either, but I can't ignore a good old ebay bargain when it's in such good condition as this...

The frame number is A60800803, which I understand means it was produced in August 1996 probably making it a 1997 model.

This is how she looked when she arrived and it didn't take a genius to work out that she is crying out for some attention. I will be changing the seatpost, saddle, bars and pedals. I will be binning the rear mudguard, putting the bottle cage in the right place and I will be dropping the stem.

Finally, I will be definitely, certainly and very very happily riding her properly...after all, the ford in Cambridgeshire is still waiting :cool:

!Bo3MmbwBGk~$(KGrHqQOKjQEu,95ge-DBLpOB6iL-Q~~_3.JPG

All the bits and pieces are in awesome condition:

!Bo3M)!!!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKj4EtyindjNDBLpOCd1KNw~~_35.JPG
!Bo3M3tgBmk~$(KGrHqMOKkEEu,Vr0bInBLpOC1LT-!~~_35.JPG

!Bo3NDTg!2k~$(KGrHqMOKjEEue)m+TpdBLpODbVtnw~~_35.JPG
!Bo3NKYwBWk~$(KGrHqIOKi4Er)63BvfpBLpOD)YeW!~~_35.JPG
!Bo3M94!BWk~$(KGrHqYOKjQEu,uNtHZzBLpODJUT0!~~_35.JPG

Wow, the parts do look in great condition.

Always nice when a rider gets tehir dream bike from back in the day. Will look tidy once that loooooooong stem has been swapped and the sofa removed.

Thanks!

Very quick update below...there's still work to be done but with a USE ti post, X Lite ti bars and flite she's already looking leaner ;)

DSCF1037.jpg

DSCF1033.jpg

Sweet ride Mike :D I really like it.
Whats the cover on the rear mech? I've not seen one of those before.
Oh , yes......get to the post office :D :D :D :D Only joking :cool:

Lovely Mike, looks in superb nick. Are the cranks even marked?

You coming to the Big Dirty Weekender to compare Orange Ti? ;) :cool:

You git Mike!

You beat me to that on ebay. I stuck a bid on it at work, then decided on the way home to put in a mental high bid, but thankfully for my wallet I was a bit too late.

Sounds like you're local to me, so if you ever decide to please get in touch!

Phill

The rear mech cover is a "Grunge Guard" - it has kept the rear mech really tidy but is up for sale if you want it!

Good spot on the cranks, apart from some muck on the rings they are pretty much mint with no rub at all...they are also heading out of the door for Finland...

OUTGOING:

DSCF1043-1.jpg
DSCF1044-1.jpg

INCOMING:

DSC00233.jpg

I hope I've done the right thing because those XTRs are luverly :?

The BDW sounds like a plan...I'll have to have a looksee what I am up to but this bike is definitely a rider

Sorry Phill, she's also a keeper ;)

Back