Officially in the YO club!

Mr. Zero

Senior Retro Guru
Well, finally got the YO finished-up after waiting a couple weeks on some chainring fasteners. It's been frustrating having it hanging in the shop being ALMOST complete for weeks now! :evil:

There's a pic at the bottom of the post of the bike as it was setup (with a full orginal XTR kit) when I purchased it on eBay. I've since fully stipped it and gave it the Mr. Zero "Standard" build as seen in the pics below. As pictured the bike weighs in at 21.5 lbs.

So, without further adieu, here's my 1996 FAT City Cycles YO Eddy! :twisted:

Attachments

• eBay.jpg
    eBay.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 2,017
  • YO2.jpg
    YO2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 2,017
  • YO1.jpg
    YO1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 2,017
damn fine

it's perfect....really perfect.

oh, except one thing that I'm sure you were going to get around to:

black headset spacers.

that's all.

other than that...perfect....really perfect.

That is one smashing Yo! Welcome to the (not so exclusive anymore) club of Yo! owners. ;) I am sure you'll enjoy this bike.

Thanks for the compliments on the bike. I've actually been waiting a long time to get my hands on a YO, so I'm pretty stoked about it. :D

The silver on black contrast at the headset is intentional. I was trying to keep a silver/black balance throughout the build and things were starting to get a little too all-black at the cockpit.

Yes, the XT/Plasma combo works excellent. The Sachs D.I.R.T. range was intended to run with Shimano shifters, and the Plasma shifts particularly well with an XTR cassette. ;)

BTW: it looks like your Moby is above the minimum insertion line and is mounted the wrong way around. Shouldn't you turn the post 180 degs (and the seat too for that matter? :LOL: )

The min. insertion line is showing, but the bottom of the post is safely inserted past the top tube seat tube junction and so isn't a problem.

The post is in fact oriented correctly toward the front of the bike. Though the post can be spun around so the insertion graphics are to the rear Ringle intended the post to be run with the insertion markings forward and the binder bolt at the rear of the clamp mechanism.

Yoyo Mr. Zero.. Tasty Yo!

Clean and solid build, loving it.. Makes me think my Yo has gone a bit complicated.. :roll:

Lovely lookin ride tho mate.. Be good to see a photo of your Full Fat Complement ;)

Thanks 'roon.

The SAB is currently just a frameset, but it's next in line for a build. Hoping to have it together in the next 1-2 weeks. I'll be sure to drop some pics as soon as it's dirt worthy.

Back