Tim Gould's Team Peugeot Roberts White Spider

Lovely collection of Peugeot's. They all look to be in amazing condition. :cool:

Love the tricolore 531/XT machine, the colours and fades look just right. Is the white pearlescent? I remember my brother having an 80s Robert Millar signature road bike with nice pearlescent white paint scheme.

Re:

I've been back and fixed the photo links on this for reference.

Also found some Gouldy/Peugeot race pics on the hard drive which might be of interest:

:cool:

Attachments

• 1988.jpg
    1988.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 97
  • timlo_793 1988 Switz.jpg
    timlo_793 1988 Switz.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Fred Salmons 1989 Carlsberg UK Championship from youtube vid.jpg
    Fred Salmons 1989 Carlsberg UK Championship from youtube vid.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Malvern Bombhole_-_Gould.jpg
    Malvern Bombhole_-_Gould.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 99
  • tim_gould Bear 1989 CK Collection.jpg
    tim_gould Bear 1989 CK Collection.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 102
  • timgould 1989 world champs California.jpg
    timgould 1989 world champs California.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 101
  • 90Worlds28.jpg
    90Worlds28.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 93 Plymouth Grundig WC.jpg
    93 Plymouth Grundig WC.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 97
Nice!
Though the picture name on your second-to-last pic is wrong.
It says 1990 worlds, but it’s taken at the 1993 Plymouth Grundig WC. It says on his race number, and that pic is from Pipeline. I won a bike mag comp, and spent the weekend with Tim and the Schwinn/Ritchey/Scott teams. Pre-rode the course with Tim.

Thanks doctor-bond. Love this thread and with you bumping it, I felt it was necessary to read through the 12 pages again with a big grin.

The bike is safely stored in my loft away from the mess of my garage! Looking forward to taking it out for a spin when the weather improves...

Re:

@Bollox64 Thanks - have updated the filename. That was a great competition prize - must have been a ball (your Schwinn is excellent BTW).

@27motorhead glad it's safe and still in the fold: I miss it - enjoy it.

Came across this poster. Not sure if it has appeared earlier in the thread. Very similar colour-ways, but pretty sure this isn't the frame as there's no zig-zag splash of colour behind the Peugeot logos on the top & down tube... Had this up on my bedroom wall! 😍

Super shiny bikes with no bottle cages fitted yet and LOVE the Eyeshades, this is now the size the Peletons sunglasses have become again!

Peugeot 1990 UK Brochure Front Poster.jpg

Came across this poster. Not sure if it has appeared earlier in the thread. Very similar colour-ways, but pretty sure this isn't the frame as there's no zig-zag splash of colour behind the Peugeot logos on the top & down tube... Had this up on my bedroom wall! 😍

Super shiny bikes with no bottle cages fitted yet and LOVE the Eyeshades, this is now the size the Peletons sunglasses have become again!

View attachment 654882
I too had that very poster on my wall, the bikes shown never matched the catalogue at the time as I remember comparing the details. Seems the one I have is closer but still not the same 🤣

Back