Another F***ing Fuquay

oliverrr":1bv7t9eb said:
The frame seems to be in really good shape. What type of tubing does it have?

Tange Prestige Ultimate Ultralight/Ultrastrong. Not really visible in the pics but the top and down tubes have reinforcing ribs along their full length.

How do you plan to restore the damaged paint near the chainring? Doesn't look like it was caused by the chain coming off for a few times.

I like that.

I haven't seen another frame with Ultrastrong tube on the top and downtube, interesting, and like the bullet stays too.

Any ideas about forks yet?

Looking forward to seeing more of this, in the distant future :)

oliverrr":2uvvz2mo said:
How do you plan to restore the damaged paint near the chainring? Doesn't look like it was caused by the chain coming off for a few times.

The metal isn’t damaged, just the paint. I may try to match the dark blue (almost black) but it will be pretty much unseen when the chainset is mounted.

mk one":2uvvz2mo said:
I like that.

Cheers!

I haven't seen another frame with Ultrastrong tube on the top and downtube

You don’t need to look far: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17509&start=70

I was toying with the idea of Pace RC35s but it would seem rude not to use these:

Just need to decide whether or not to run a front disc or beg Danson to work his magic on them to make them useable with cantis (and maybe remove the crimp for disc clearance on the left-hand leg).

Re:

I’m pretty certain them Gumbi forks were mine?! :D Sold them on eBay around 10 years ago. Had them custom made by Greg and the colour matched RS Judy SL yellow. Originally had first generation Hope hydraulic brakes fitted, then upgraded to the C2 brakes which required the fork leg to be crimped to provide clearance for the disc/carrier. I removed the original mount and dropouts and did the the crimping myself in my college workshop before sending them back to Greg to have new mount fitted and get them resprayed.

Love the fact that they’re still around and might get a new lease of life! Will see if I have any pics of them built up.

Re:

Cool! Would like to see pics of them built up. Shame on you for crimping them! :twisted: I think I bought them about 10 years ago...

Very nice frame, I do love a good F*ck-aye. :LOL:
Looks very similar to a Buck Shaver.....

Attachments

• unname.jpg
    unname.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 343
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 342
Corduroyboy":16009mep said:
oliverrr":16009mep said:

The metal isn’t damaged, just the paint. I may try to match the dark blue (almost black) but it will be pretty much unseen when the chainset is mounted.

mk one":16009mep said:
I like that.

Cheers!

I haven't seen another frame with Ultrastrong tube on the top and downtube

You don’t need to look far: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17509&start=70

I was toying with the idea of Pace RC35s but it would seem rude not to use these:

Just need to decide whether or not to run a front disc or beg Danson to work his magic on them to make them useable with cantis (and maybe remove the crimp for disc clearance on the left-hand leg).

What forks are these?

Back