1995 PACE RC200 F5 RetroMod 1x11 Deore XT FINISHED Pg10

Re: IT’S A PACE JIM, BUT NOT AS WE KNOW IT…..

Blackers":16opipr5 said:
I won't ask about the second set of tubeless then .

Not unless you want me to start swearing :shock: :LOL:

Blackers":16opipr5 said:
Looking pukka so far peachy and those mounts from Dan look well neat .

Cheers... yes, they’re going to do the job of keeping the hose in just the right place very well I think. These were made to fit a round tube, but 10 minutes on some 240 grit soon had the back flat.
I applied a layer of high impact double sided to them so that I could muck about with positioning first before drilling the frame. ;)

Peachy!":3fdskuk8 said:
.......... it might seem odd to some but I just like doing things in a certain order, namely get the wheels & tyres on before mucking about with brake & gear cabling, I just couldn’t wait any longer.

never given this to much thought before, and to be honest I always set the brakes up (rim not Disc) before I fit the tyres which are generally the last thing I fit (although I couldn't tell you why tyres are last)

the build is coming along nicely Mr P

Retro Spud:1qnvi8ic said:
the build is coming along nicely Mr P

Cheers Spud...

New Year, new job & a pleasant surprise... 18 months ago when my previous employer closed up, a lot of machines were sold off by the receivers. And an old favourite lathe had been snapped up cheap by the firm I’ve just started working for!

Jumped on at lunch time to turn down a MBUK Mint Sauce 1-1/8” top cap to 1” ;)

The little jobs are just as rewarding... :D D2B0B346-1146-499E-AAA1-EAEAC211D296.jpeg 076D134A-A6C8-487C-8C6E-64ABB0BB532F.jpeg

Last edited:

:cool: its the little things, and now even littler :)

mk one:3rix47au said:
:cool: its the little things, and now even littler :)

🤦

Still waiting on tyres....

Got home an hour ago to find the lad in the workshop... eyeing up a pair of original NIB Blue Johnny T’s :shock:

Apparently the “Shimano” PRO grips weren’t cutting it, even though they matched the PRO bars :roll:

Ah well... it’s only (my) money isn’t it? :| E68FE539-53F4-4A40-9E73-0EE2682508D6.jpeg FE62236A-9A9B-44A8-9D5D-BAC4AEFB50A6.jpeg

Last edited:

They are nice grips - I’ve got a few pairs and on my builds

You won’t be getting them back

Retro Spud:1vcjodoh said:
They are nice grips - I’ve got a few pairs and on my builds

You won’t be getting them back

You’re not wrong there Spudly

XT M8000 46t 1x11 all dialled in nicely (well at least on the stand it is) and the Hope3 are working perfectly.

Same can’t be said for the 26” Schwalbe “Black Jacks”. Even though these are just basic clinchers I just can’t get them to sit on these Stans properly.
An old Richey Z-max though fits perfectly so I’m afraid for Schwalbe it’s three strikes and they’re out.

The bike now literally just needs the new Ritcheys to arrive and it’s done (I can’t believe how much of an arse the tyres have been on this build 🤦 ) A69290A9-3F12-48DC-A27D-F1D829E39D66.jpeg 459C5D57-90CD-4582-8C9C-74E22DE1CD6E.jpeg

Last edited:
Re:

That 1st to 2nd jump always makes me laugh on M8000.

I used a M9000 and a one up kit to get same gears but with better ratios

Those tyres have caused you grief haven’t they

Looking good

Yep, use Attacks on all my builds, the colour looks a better match too.

That rear sprocket is huge, surprising the mech can handle the range, and what is the chain, looks rather nice.

Re:

To be fair that chain looks very short

If it’s a KMC it will wear the shimano stuff so fast. 11 speed shimano XT/Ulterga chain will last twice as long. Been there and now understand why shimano to use theirs

Back