Diamond Back Racing Axis TT 1993

Very nice, I had a Sandvik DBR back in the day and still regret selling it. Now I have a WCF 6.0 project on the back burner.

vtwinvince":1p2gnbd3 said:
Very nice, I had a Sandvik DBR back in the day and still regret selling it. Now I have a WCF 6.0 project on the back burner.

Thanks! WCF are awsome too, I have a wcf 4.0.

Attachments

• db_wcf40.jpg
    db_wcf40.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 382
Hi,

Out of curiosity, regarding the decal style, does the livery point out anything? Let me explain. Livery on your '93 DBR Axis TT is white with some subtle light blue touches here and there (the slash between 3 and 2.5 on the seat tube, the underscore below TT on the top tube and in the upper left corner of USA on the down tube). I've seen the same decal style but with purple touches rather than light blue ones. I know that '93 DBR Axis TT was available as a frameset or complete bike sporting either Shimano XTR or Deore LX components. So, does white/light blue livery mean, for example, Axis TT XTR and white/purple Axis TT LX? Or the opposite? Or one livery denotes a frameset vs complete bike? Or there's no meaning at all in the end and the purchaser could freely opt for the livery of his/her choice?

konrik80":1s2l5dpf said:
Hi, this is my favorite bike of my little Diamond Back's collection. I have finally finished building it (I hope) so it's time to share some pictures with You:)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/X9m1oqRtnFx93wAw8

I really enjoy this bike also by the historical meaning - Dave Wiens won The Grunding XC World Cup in 1993 on almost the same frame model, Sandvik Titanium of course:)
https://www.fattirefotos.com/david-wien ... iqtUjJxJOY

I'am looking for more facts about it!

Cheers!
Konrik

What a stunning bike, absolutely love it...a bike of dreams from back in the day!!

In more recent times I used to own the Diamondback European factory race team.

foxb13":3dtpp0wk said:
Hi,

Out of curiosity, regarding the decal style, does the livery point out anything? Let me explain. Livery on your '93 DBR Axis TT is white with some subtle light blue touches here and there (the slash between 3 and 2.5 on the seat tube, the underscore below TT on the top tube and in the upper left corner of USA on the down tube). I've seen the same decal style but with purple touches rather than light blue ones. I know that '93 DBR Axis TT was available as a frameset or complete bike sporting either Shimano XTR or Deore LX components. So, does white/light blue livery mean, for example, Axis TT XTR and white/purple Axis TT LX? Or the opposite? Or one livery denotes a frameset vs complete bike? Or there's no meaning at all in the end and the purchaser could freely opt for the livery of his/her choice?

Hi, my frame was originally LX version so it is possible that white/blue livery was assigned to lx and purple to XTR version. As far as i know frames were the same in both cases.

konrik80":tgfk8qcc said:
Hi, my frame was originally LX version so it is possible that white/blue livery was assigned to lx and purple to XTR version. As far as i know frames were the same in both cases.
So color doesn't denote a particular configuration then, as all three XTR models in the below commercial ads and July 93 MBA test had the white/blue livery as your LX one.

file.php

file.php

file.php

Now, to which extent are these ads/test pictures accurate w.r.t. production bikes, I don't know. In the first ads, it's said that the tires are Tioga Psycho K whereas photos clearly show Panaracer Smokes. They are indeed Psycho K tires in the second ads, but both ads show bikes with 32-spoke wheels whereas the MBA test reports 28-spoke front wheel.

Back