boy"O"boy's 1989 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp.

Which colour scheme would you like to see this Stumpjumper in?

• 1. Keep it original 1990 white and red

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • 2. 1989 Stumpjumper comp purple/white

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 3. 1988/89 Stumpjumper Team colours

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • 4. 1990 Team jersey inspired colour scheme

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: boy"O"boy's 1990 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp.

Personally I'd go for having some fun and doing your own thing... That might seem strange coming from a Catalogue correct freak like me, but the museums are full of wallhanging SJ's
I only get a freak on with my CB's because no one else cares! :facepalm:

Fluro yellow with pink and white details, so team jersey inspired gets my vote :)

Re:

I've gone for Team Jersey colours. Loved the 88/89 style bitd but it's not one of those so needs to be 90 imo. Sweet project Ben. :cool:

This is quite a nice colour scheme:

Attachments

• IMG_20200526_132823.jpg
    IMG_20200526_132823.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 580

Looking Like a very nice project indeed ! - looking forward to your choices and finish! I could learn a fair bit too

Re:

I'm definitely subscribing to this one. My vote is for the fluro Yellow and Pink Team Jersey Colours. ;)

Star12

I too went for the Team Jersey

Re:

Peachy!":gyf1xsmt said:
Personally I'd go for having some fun and doing your own thing... That might seem strange coming from a Catalogue correct freak like me, but the museums are full of wallhanging SJ's
I only get a freak on with my CB's because no one else cares! :facepalm:

Cheers Peachy. 100% in agreement with you here. Done loads a catalogue correct restorations and rebuilds.... see this as a bit of a showcase to give the people what they want to see. Not a bad basis to start with either. Glad someone gets their freak on with CB's ..... the last 2 have been exceptional. Notice you've got yourself another Titanius. :cool:

mk one":gyf1xsmt said:
Fluro yellow with pink and white details, so team jersey inspired gets my vote :)

Cheers Mark. Congrats on BOTM btw.. 10 votes so far but can already guess where this is going! Best start getting some flouro proposals together!

brocklanders023":gyf1xsmt said:
I've gone for Team Jersey colours. Loved the 88/89 style bitd but it's not one of those so needs to be 90 imo. Sweet project Ben. :cool:

Same again Ed. Such a cool jersey.... some thoughts needed for flouro proposals if the votes goes that way. Few more weeks to go and think about it yet!
lukewheels":gyf1xsmt said:
This is quite a nice colour scheme:

Cheers Luke.
Is that your own 92 stumpjumper Pro as appears in your signature? Look like we have similar tastes in our collections!
Had one of these here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=412626&hilit=1992+Stumpjumper+pro
But sold it on as it was just too small. Those colours are ace but would be nightmare to reproduce as the fades are airbrushed I think. The decals on the white are the same though minus the 'pro' bit. The tiny 'Japan' decal is a nice touch though. I think this frame has the same origins.

ibbz":gyf1xsmt said:
Looking Like a very nice project indeed ! - looking forward to your choices and finish! I could learn a fair bit too

Cheers ibbz. Let's see how the voting goes. As for learning.... I'm always watching watch others are up to too. ;)

Star12":gyf1xsmt said:
I'm definitely subscribing to this one. My vote is for the fluro Yellow and Pink Team Jersey Colours. ;)

Star12

Cheers Star..... there's a (flouro) pattern emerging here! :LOL:

ibbz":gyf1xsmt said:
I too went for the Team Jersey

Looks like the current favourite result ahead of the poll results!

All opinions welcome. Don't forget to add your vote!

Cheers all

boy"O"boy

Re:

Think i'll follow this project after seeing my old 90 Stumpy Comp :D after a long think my vote eventually went to the 88/89 Team colours after looking at old photos of my 89 Team Stumpjumper. Also remember all the colours have a pearl effect in the paint the catalogue photos make them look normal, which in my opinion makes them look so good in the flesh.
Here's a couple of my old 89 Team Stumpjumper (really wish i never sold that :facepalm:) and my 88 Stumpjumper Comp.

Attachments

• IMG_20200411_132041.jpg
    IMG_20200411_132041.jpg
    548.8 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_20200411_131736.jpg
    IMG_20200411_131736.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 494
  • IMG_3856.JPG
    IMG_3856.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 493
  • IMG_3341.JPG
    IMG_3341.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 493

Great thread, some great scans too, keep em coming! ;)

I'd restomod the bike, retro but with a twist...

Back