boy"O"boy's 1991 Orange Aluminium "O"

Re:

Probably my favourite "O" in many years of browsing the site. Everything looks right in my eye.

Saying that you have been turning out some awesome builds recently.. Chapeau :cool:

Top brass that.. great stuff. Reminds me i need to get my O and stalk bar sorted Finished.. gonna keep mine white. Anyway you've been rolling out some fantastic builds this year.

clockwork davo":1l698w2w said:
I LOVE IT

That's a seal of approval! :LOL:

rwm1962":1l698w2w said:
Me too. Very classy!

Cheers Ross. She hasn't always been a classy lady! :LOL:

mk one":1l698w2w said:
:) looked pretty sorted with the syncros stem, but the one piece design and the orange logo i think are a great addition and really add to the overall look. Though i am a fan of all black, its the little touches like the silver seatpost clamp that seem to really make the black stand out on this.

You told me once you prefer to ride 19" frames so curious why you prefer this in 17", has it got a long top tube?

Cheers Mark. The seat post clamp ironically is something that came with the initial frame purchase. The original bike back in the day had a black kalloy and a black YST headset.
I added the stronglight X16 as I remember I was forever tightening the YST and wanted a better headset. The seatclamp just seemed an ideal match. Part of the signature of the build really but wasn't done intentionally.

The top tube is 22" - not especially long. Suppose sizing wise on this... I wanted to build exactly what I had back in the day so the 17" frame was the natural choice.
I then built another "O" on a 19" frame size and didn't like the feel, even though my sizing should be a 19".
I rode the same trail twice in one day - back to back with both frame sizes and the 17" felt far better...... so much so that all the parts were swapped from the 19" to another 17" in an identical build. Just personal preference I guess.

I've added a 'Family Photo' for you to compare the frame sizes of all (except the Saracen and the Klein) my bikes. The Klein Attitude in Medium feels very similar to the "O" in 17"
All have the same saddle height and bar height except the Ridgeback.

mynchiboy":1l698w2w said:
Probably my favourite "O" in many years of browsing the site. Everything looks right in my eye.

Saying that you have been turning out some awesome builds recently.. Chapeau :cool:

I thank you Sir! plenty more to come....I started to get project withdrawal syptoms! :D

brocklanders023":1l698w2w said:
Great stuff, the stem really finishes it off. :cool:

Cheers Ed. It's taken a long time (probably 10+ years) to find the finishing touch that was missing from the original. Glad you like it! :cool:

Cheshire1980":1l698w2w said:
Top brass that.. great stuff. Reminds me i need to get my O and stalk bar sorted Finished.. gonna keep mine white. Anyway you've been rolling out some fantastic builds this year.

Cheers Calum. The reignited interest to find a Custom Stalk came from seeing yours on your Prot"O"type build. Looking forward to seeing that one done! :cool:
Just scored 2 more bikes to build to keep me going! No citrus on this occasion but should appeal to our similar tastes!

Thanks all.

Here's that line up pic.

boy"O"boy

Attachments

• BOBline_up 2.jpg
    BOBline_up 2.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 338
Thanks for this - great read and inspirational - wonderful results
And what I love most Is that the memory of those halcyon days - and memory and love for your dad Had inspired this - I feel much the same with much of what I do - a kind of harking back to those days - my dad is approaching 92 - I was in the 5th Form in 1989 - by 92 (after Wasting a year retaking my GCSE) I had finished my A levels I was off to College. So of a similar age
Thanks again

Back