sunn vertik build

Re:

Personally, I'd go for black V brakes or cantis, to break up the silver a bit.

I have never tried Maguras, but they only look ok on some bikes. This isn't one of them. But that's only my opinion

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":21cctw8h said:
Personally, I'd go for black V brakes or cantis, to break up the silver a bit.

I have never tried Maguras, but they only look ok on some bikes. This isn't one of them. But that's only my opinion

Mike
Thanks for being honest it's what I was after
If you haven't tried them you must I had three sets in the 90's and one on a bike I built 6 years ago I have some silver lx v's and I think I may put them on to get both views as could use the mags on my Saracen

I have decided to be a little naughty with the bottom bracket I really can't stand square tapers on bb's I really wanted to keep this period but can't bring myself to use one so will be going with a hollowtech 2 as I have on all other bikes there reliable strong and if looked after last years in sticking with silver and I have managed to get one of the first lx cranksets

Re:

No problem,

They're great bikes, I think you'll enjoy yours!

Mine is ridden regularly :cool: probably more than any other of my mtbs actually

Mike

Some forks arrived today from Rockimtn in Canada I built them up polished the legs Crown and brace and they look like new

Just have to decide which set to use oh and I have a set of 4's arriving any day now aswell

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 468
Re: build complete

ok so I realized that id never posted the finished build so here it is I have sold the bike since to a fellow retro bike member and i believe it wasn't the only one he had hope its still going strong

Attachments

• sunn.jpg
    sunn.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 308
  • sunn2.jpg
    sunn2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 308
That’s a lovely bike - I’d like a Sunn or Look one day go deck out with french components throughout!

Back